New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hello diesel guru's! my ride is a gen 1 mid roof 5dr pajero with 4G52 engine, carb type....

although i'm satisfied with its power, GAS consumption is an issue! i'm thinking of going desel...

what engine would you suggest?? i hear that the 4d56T is good... how about the 4M40?? which is more practical??

also aside from the engine, what else will be needed??? how much would these things cost???? do you know any place you can recommend to have the job done??

folow-up question, how can i convert my 4wd system to autohub?? mine is equipped with the manual thingy on the hub....

inputs are greatly appreciated! TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manual hubs are the choice of hardcore wheelers for off-roading. Most systems get converted from auto to manual. I guess you're one of the exceptions. hehehe. Converting it is as simple as getting an auto hub that will work with the axle. Simple enough since Mitsubishi did offer OEM auto hubs on Pajeros. A surplus unit would do as long as it is not worn out and everything is complete.

An engine swap? I doubt if mababawi mo in fuel savings yung cost of the swap itself. Just an opinion. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tnx for the inputs sir OTEP!

hehe, di naman kasi ako nag ooffroading kaya i prefer the convenience of the auto-hub,,,

you got a point there! (engine swap), its just that gas prices and the fuel consumption of my gas engine brings me down! :O

anyway, do you know how much 4d56T engines cost nowadays??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    instead of an engine swap , try to play it in the buy and sell market then buy a diesel fed ride.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my pajero is still with me.... hehehe

question..... is it true that a 4d56 engine is an swak na swak for my gen 1?? i heard that it mates with my stock tranny and original engine mountings???

also, a cheaper alternative; if this is true, does this mean that the cheaper korean D4BX engine is a direct mount to it aswell???

TIA

Tips please. on engine switch for gen 1 pajero