New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    dont put "free tint" on it. its way too useless. better invest on decent tint brands.

Truth about "Free Tints" from dealerships This is to give you a heads up about free tints that are provided by Casa(s).
    We often get attracted to freebies offered by dealerships while shopping around for a car, not to mention agents always succomb to innocent first time buyers by giving deals like free tints, free matting etc...Here's what they don't tell you...
    When they offer free tints, they use brands such as U.S. Gila, Neuvision / Platinum films which go for roughly Php 900.00 for a sedan and Php 1,050 for a S.U.V. Well, thats atleast how much they pay for to their respective tint supplier/installer with volume sales in mind.

Some casas offer 3M tints for free, but these are not the 3M that we were once familiar with many years ago. These are the FX (st), which are considered low end and are made in China. The adhesive of this particular model tint is comparable that of U.S. Gila and sticks to the glass like gum. The film itself is dyed hence fading is unavoidable.

Having these kind of films mentioned above installed, do have the following consequences:

1. Quality and Performance- non scratch proof, dyed film, very low optical clarity, super low heat heat rejection, not recommended.

2. After few months, you will notice the film turns to purple from the interior which damages the defogger. Since its free, you will opt to consider replacing it elsewhere, but now since the film's adhesive has already dried and stuck to the defogger, chances of removing it without damaging the defogger are 50/50.

Hence, be wary about the "free tint" deal, ask for something else in lieu of the freebies like oil change service discounts that you will appreciate in the latter part.

http://lacaraccessories.com/index.ph...=70&Itemid=108

HTH

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi All,

*jeDi13,
    nakuha po ng old price 1.1.

*n1knok and s_quilicot,
    thanks pina cancel ko na free tint

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    yung final 3 options ko this 09 January is

subaru wrx impreza = di na approve budget
    09 ford focus = impressive torque, great transmission
    ex gt-a = rockford fosgate, 18" rims, bodykit

na test drive ko subaru and gt-a, yung ford focus i just decided na in traffic
    mas mapapakinabangan ko yung sound system kesa sa torque.

last quarter ng 08 i did look at civic 2.0 and mazda3 or 6.

sabi nila sa civic, its too comfy na parang video game na lang and marami na rin naka civic.. no offense, civic looks great lalu na pag naka mugen bodykit. eto rin choice ko nung di ko pa nakikita ex.

with the mazda's gusto nga ni mrs, i just decided na medyo lumang models na sila compared to gt-a.

Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    I think TS is referring to the brand new Lancer. Tama ba TS?

Wow nice! I've only seen a few brand new Lancers.

By the way, how much did you get it? What were your options before deciding to get a GTA? I'm also planning to buy a brand new card. But most probably I'll go to a second-hand first to practice before I go to a brand new one.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    thanks for this! very much appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by n1kn0k View Post

Monday pa makuha ng dealer ung unit! so mag intay na naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsaka nga pala, mas maganda kung wag mo ng patusin yong free tint nila, kung me inooffer sila, kasi madalas hindi maganda yong mga free tint na yon (kung maganda quality non ibibigay ba nila yon?). instead of that, hingi ka na lang ng kapalit.

imho, mas maganda ata walang tint ang GTA... hehehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    tapos vkool para di maiinit no?

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho, mas maganda ata walang tint ang GTA... hehehehehe.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by new-driver View Post
    tapos vkool para di maiinit no?
    v-kool is the way to go sir.

2 of our rigs had v-kool on it and may isang naka solar gard.

superb talaga ang v-kool. next is solar gard.

OT: vlady anong tint na SG ang nasa lancer mo? magic?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    tama, mag-vkool ka nga. not sure kung available pa promo nila (late dec pa kasi ako nagpalagay), i got mine from LA car accessories, 10k lang. kasama na windshield don.

teka, gta ba yong top of the line? kung yon nga yon wala ka ng imomod don. gwapo non! yon sana gusto ko kaya lang kulang budget, nag-1.6 glx na lang ako. heheh!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    tama, mag-vkool ka nga. not sure kung available pa promo nila (late dec pa kasi ako nagpalagay), i got mine from LA car accessories, 10k lang. kasama na windshield don.

teka, gta ba yong top of the line? kung yon nga yon wala ka ng imomod don. gwapo non! yon sana gusto ko kaya lang kulang budget, nag-1.6 glx na lang ako. heheh!
    n1kn0k i beleive v-kool shaded yang sayo.

is it m20 or m30? did you put m10 on the windshield?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    v-kool is the way to go sir.

2 of our rigs had v-kool on it and may isang naka solar gard.

superb talaga ang v-kool. next is solar gard.

OT: vlady anong tint na SG ang nasa lancer mo? magic?

OT: sides and rear, solargard magic superdarks
    front, solargard, magic, mediums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
things to look out for?