New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    When I first saw the opposing windshield wipers of the Honda Civic FD way back in 2006, I was in 6th grade. I found it cool and futuristic. Since then I already long for it. And now that I have my own car, not a civic though. But a 1994 Mitsubishi RVR Sportsgear, I'm planning to save up some lunch money and make my oh-so-old looking wipers to oppose just like the Civic. Now, I need your advices on what parts do I need and a shop that can do it for me. Preferably in Angeles city or San Fernando Pampanga because i'm not allowed yet to go far away from the vicinity.

Thanks alot in advance!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    you're like what, 15 years old?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    you're like what, 15 years old?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Save your your lunch money for future civic. What the heck you needed an opposing wiper for anyway? That ain't look cool! Make your present car mechanically safe and you'll be going love it in many more years to come till you are ready for another one.

My best advice to you is, make your parents proud. Show theme that you are a different role models at home and school.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRSSG2.0 View Post
    When I first saw the opposing windshield wipers of the Honda Civic FD way back in 2006, I was in 6th grade. I found it cool and futuristic. Since then I already long for it. And now that I have my own car, not a civic though. But a 1994 Mitsubishi RVR Sportsgear, I'm planning to save up some lunch money and make my oh-so-old looking wipers to oppose just like the Civic. Now, I need your advices on what parts do I need and a shop that can do it for me. Preferably in Angeles city or San Fernando Pampanga because i'm not allowed yet to go far away from the vicinity.

Thanks alot in advance!!!
    If you really want to know...

You have an RVR, right? When they converted it to left-hand drive, did they convert it to left-hand windshield wipers? If they did, find the original assembly, cut both assemblies down the middle, take both driver's side assemblies, then glue them together (you can use a fiberglass fill to cover the joint, then paint over it) and reinstall. The wiring and mounting? That's sissy stuff... ...You'll just have to find a way to synchronize the wipers to keep them from banging into each other... possibly by mounting one wiper a little higher... may work, may not... depends on the wiper geometries involved.

If it hasn't been converted... tough luck... you're going to have to find a surplus Mitsubishi Spacewagon front-cut and ask if you can buy the wiper assembly and plastic cowling that goes with it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

You have an RVR, right? When they converted it to left-hand drive, did they convert it to left-hand windshield wipers? If they did, find the original assembly, cut both assemblies down the middle, take both driver's side assemblies, then glue them together (you can use a fiberglass fill to cover the joint, then paint over it) and reinstall. The wiring and mounting? That's sissy stuff... ...You'll just have to find a way to synchronize the wipers to keep them from banging into each other... possibly by mounting one wiper a little higher... may work, may not... depends on the wiper geometries involved.

If it hasn't been converted... tough luck... you're going to have to find a surplus Mitsubishi Spacewagon front-cut and ask if you can buy the wiper assembly and plastic cowling that goes with it.
    yes sir, the windshield wipers are converted into left-hand.
    Thanks alot, and Good luck to me....
    with the help of technicians though...hehe

p.s. Bigbigcar.com!!!...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    *v6dreamer,

hehe...if that doesn't look cool or perhaps nice, why would I want them? Anyway, Thank you!...
    As for your best advice, maybe a new modification in my car that came from my lunch money can also make them proud.
    And as for me-saving-up-for-a-civic, that's not impossible, but I may starve from hunger...hehehe...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

He'll probably need a limit switch to trigger the 2nd wiper motor so it would activate behind the primary wiper.

As for geometry, he might need either two RHD or two LHD primary wiper blades depending on which will be assigned as "primary" wiper blade.

Frankly, too much hassle for something that will not get noticed except by the owner.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    *moejun2,

nope. i'm 14. But don't fret though, I only drive my car going to school which happens to be inside our subdivision.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    14 year old and you already have your own car? cool huh?

sa tingin ko, hindi maganda ang kalalabasan nyan kapag ginawa mo yan sa original set ng wiper mo dahil nakapa-arko yung arms non diba? karamihan kasi ng mga old model cars eh mga 1 dangkal ang layo ng wiper arms sa windshield, so kelangan talagang naka baluktot. pero kung hinde, ayos lang.

btw, I've seen many old trucks na opposed yung wipers so para sakin hindi talaga futuristic yun.

OT: katorse na rin ako pero driver lang ako ni mader, hindi sakin yung car. swerte mo boy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast