New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ikabod::: Yan din ang inisip ko, to change my shocks dahil sa matagtag na ride. But when I change my tires from Michelins 235/70R 15 M+S to Yokohama Geolandars 31" A/T. I change my mind. It wasn't the shocks (KYB gas), it was the tires.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm very interesting guys!

Additional Input lang:::

Here's what i ride on:

OME Nitrochargers on all four corners
    GrandTrek AT2s
    Pressure 36psi
    OME Rear Coils.

Wala namang nagrereklamo na matagtag, or baka takot lang sila magreklamo :lol:

Djerms found the ride soft. Or baka effect lang ito ng suspension seats :roll:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto gawin mo para medyo hindi masakit sa bulsa
    baligtarin mo yung isang leaf spring,
    then change mo yang shocks ng KYB (GAS) shocks not liquid
    tapos set the pressure to a minimum muna

usually naman sa likod ang matagtag eh

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the OME will cost 17k for four pieces.

why dont you check the leaf springs, since it is 92 model maybe they are worn out already. check if the axle is near the bump stops already and the suspension has no travel left.

also count how many springs there is, previous owner may have added some for higher load capacity.

its better to maintain correct tire pressure than make the pressure compensate for the harsh ride. underinflating is dangerous and will damage the tires, and tread life, and will feel spongy when cornering. best measure if the shocks and suspension set-up is good is that it will ride well regardless of tire pressure and tire brand.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since makapal pa ng tread ng mga tires ko, malamang na hindi muna ako magpapalit ng tires. So for now, out na muna yung mag-change ng tires.

Mukhang maganda nga yung suggestion ni Otep and kimpoy na palitan ko muna ng KYB gas shocks. Medyo tight kasi ang budget ko ngayon e. Kasi ang laki ng difference in price ng OME at saka yung KYB. Tutal, normal on-road driving ko lang naman ginagamit ang Pajero ko e.

ARB: Titingnan ko rin kung mukhang tired na yung mga leaf springs ko. Kung sakali mang worn out na ay yun siguro ang isusunod kong palitan after the shocks. Pero as far as I know, the previous owner maintained this stock pa rin kaya I don't think he messed around with the leaf springs.

Thanks for all the advice you guys have mentioned.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try mo KYB gas shocks na i compress if you can do it using your hands only one end on your left hand the other end on your right hand. this shows kase that it is really hard. you have to put it in the floor and push with your hands to compress it. suggestion lang it may harden your ride more.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gas shocks are indeed firmer. Ang OME nitrogen shock din. Most of them give better rides because they control the suspension movements better. Your wheels won't be bouncing all over the place as it used to do with conventional fluid shocks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep and ARB,

You're right that gas shocks will result in a somewhat firmer ride compared to hydraulic shocks. But I agree with Otep that I think what I really need initially is to have shocks that will compliment the exisiting springs. Ang feeling ko nga dun sa Baguio trip namin ay parang out of control ang bounce nung springs kasi parang hindi napipigilan ng shocks.

Besides, as Otep has mentioned, yung OME shocks will basically do the same thing as the KYB gas shocks but better siyempre kasi mahal siya. Update ko lang kayo, ang sabi sa akin ay 4 OME shocks = P17,800 at 2 OME leaf springs = P22,900; total price would be P40,700!!! Medyo mas nagustuhan ko lalo yung suggestion nila Otep na mag-KYB na lang ako muna kasi less than P5K ang set of four.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    OME shocks will outperform the KYB by a long shot.
    OME has multi stage damping, the stiffness of its damping will depend on what road you are on. it will harden when needed so that your suspension will not bottom but it is softer than most gas shocks and fluid types for a great ride but not that it feels like you have worn shocks. it has thicker rods and more gas to prevent it from fading after long drives,and will maintain its damping qualities. it also comes with poly urethane bushings. as for KYB one stage damping lang and it has a small rod and smaller amount of gas which is prone to fading.

OME will only cost 17,000

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, OME does perform better. We have a set on our Land Cruiser II here. Unfortunately my wallet is not performing as well. :mrgreen:

Pwede na din yung KYB, Rubicon-tested. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Suspension Upgrade for GEN II Pajero