New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    What can you say sa surplus pajero? Ok ba performance nito?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    are you talking about subic jdm's? they are as good as any other subic converted vehicles, meaning don't bet your life on it if you are not going to scrutinize the converted parts (ie, steering system, braking system, aircon system) better seek a trusted mechanics expertise upon inspecting the unit.

expect frequent breakdown of parts since these vehicles are mostly almost two decades old.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sir badsekktor thank you for your advise. I saw some converted pajeros in our place and it runs well and the owners had no problem with the unit. Maybe the conversion is right. Are you familiar with the conversion method they use or they call it VTEK or VTEC?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_dynamiteph View Post
    definitly yes but I discourage you if you intent to buy one. A very close friend of mine who owns a used car dealership said that the "status symbol" of owning a pajero is no longer there b'coz of these cheapy pajero's that came out from subic or let's call it surplus for short. Kinatay pala yan sabi nya that's the reason banks won't extend financing to these vehicles.. but if it would really serve to your intentions and pupose well go ahead be practical though! Gen 3 pajeros still at a "status symbol" vehicle to consider!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sir badsekktor thank you for your advise. I saw some converted pajeros in our place and it runs well and the owners had no problem with the unit. Maybe the conversion is right. Are you familiar with the conversion method they use or they call it VTEK or VTEC?
    I dont think that a good running engine would equate to a good ride. yan ang common mistake ng bumibili ng surplus. how sure ka na hindi babain ang makina? how sure ka na di kelangan palita yun timing belt? yun iba pang belts baka palitin na? yun gearbox ba eh orig na mitsubishi or converted from toyota gbox? yun pitman arm daw eh putol and welded lang ulit? kelangan mo rin inspect yun aircon tubelines saka brakelines and the brakemaster cylinder. minsan kasi pitpit yun tubo kaya mahina aircon. minsan yun brakeline eh pitpit din kaya mahina preno and minsan hindi pinapalitan ng bago yun master cylinder kaya nagkakatama yun rubber sa loob which can cause weak braking power. other problems would be headlight orientation which is baligtad, sidemirrors are not properly aligned. hindi yan kagaya ng ordinaryong sidemirror na madaling i-adjust. expect mo na rin wiper problems, dashboard imperfections, windows not closing or opening. stuckup sunroof. in other words kung kaya mo i-check lahat yan then go for it. anyway kahit anong 2nd hand na local eh checheck mo din lahat yan even brand new rides have some imperfections pero syempre sa 2nd hand eh ikaw na sasagot ng gastos nyan.

I am not familiar with vtek or vtec na conversion. meron na pala ganyan ekek hehehe! check mo na rin break pads, fluids and check mo rin yun mga lalagyan ng liquids kung may tagas. masyado na kasi matanda mga sasakyan na yan eh so most likely marami ka na papalitan. usually ang mileage ng mga japan surplus would be 140 thousand upwards. as for performance, dont be deceived by the size. mas marami ka maisasakay sa conventional auv's natin and for ride comfort, some auv's also are better. acceleration is sluggish, and top speed is poor. fuel consumption is ok pero dont expect na similar sa mga 1.3 na kotse

advantage is higher ground clearance. ease of use since most are matic. ok lang naman maintenance cost as long as you dont get a lemon. tried and tested ko sa baha sa dapitan (above knee deep waters)

Quote Originally Posted by juneljrGLS'05 View Post
    definitly yes but I discourage you if you intent to buy one. A very close friend of mine who owns a used car dealership said that the "status symbol" of owning a pajero is no longer there b'coz of these cheapy pajero's that came out from subic or let's call it surplus for short. Kinatay pala yan sabi nya that's the reason banks won't extend financing to these vehicles.. but if it would really serve to your intentions and pupose well go ahead be practical though! Gen 3 pajeros still at a "status symbol" vehicle to consider!
    well if you are looking for status symbol, dont get a 2nd hand ride. better get those europeans and get them new. saka bro meron na rin gen 3 na jdm(subic converted) AFAIK yun ang unang gen3 na lumabas dito sa tsikot. forgot the owner lang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    May 3dr pajero po ako na galing japan. Binaha po. At pinasok ng tubig sa loob. San po ba pinaka ma ok dalin para macheck lahat at ma pa ayos un loob dahil ang baho ng baha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by msdriver View Post
    May 3dr pajero po ako na galing japan. Binaha po. At pinasok ng tubig sa loob. San po ba pinaka ma ok dalin para macheck lahat at ma pa ayos un loob dahil ang baho ng baha
    You may contact www.pajeroclubph.com

They can help you.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by msdriver View Post
    Hi po, try mo po sa mitsubishi kung accept nila po.i used to have that car also, pinaayos ko kaso hindi naayos ng mabuti. may nag spill out na fluid sa loob ng car, automatic transmission fluid na sobrang init.... ayun paltos kame.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    1st question- Maganda. Mura. Masarap gamitin.
    Pero ingat.
    Parang babaing nagamit na. Pagminana mo lang so dapat
    busisihin.
    And if you do not have an in-depth knowledge on the vehicle
    and have the means and patience. It can be frustrating. And
    dangerous.
    One word. Risky.

2nd question - Depends. See question number 1.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    are you talking about subic jdm's? they are as good as any other subic converted vehicles, meaning don't bet your life on it if you are not going to scrutinize the converted parts (ie, steering system, braking system, aircon system) better seek a trusted mechanics expertise upon inspecting the unit.

expect frequent breakdown of parts since these vehicles are mostly almost two decades old.
    Baka naman pag pinagsamasama mo yung mga gastos sa repairs at acquisition cost ng sasakyan eh pwede ka nang makabili ng matinong local o orig LHD na Pajero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Surplus Pajero... OK ba?