New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    due to my recent encounters with scv problems for strada and montero sport, i would like to start this thread for people to note where do they diesel up their ms and strada rides, if possible pati na location....i want to start this thread because when we claim to the casas about the engine stalling, it is always the dirty fuel excuse, when in fact it has alaways been the SCV that is defective.

ill start:
    1. KCboy....caltex...soler street
    Last edited by KCboy; July 24th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    2. SG - Shell Diesel Ultra - Any Shell Station
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; July 24th, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    2. SG - Shell Diesel Ultra
    3. jmpet626 - Petron Mindanao Ave towards to Trinoma
    Last edited by jmpet626; July 24th, 2010 at 07:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    dirty fuel din daw ang cause ng "sinok" nung sakin pero wala naman lumabas na sa SCV ang problem...

3. JJGF - petron fatima, valenzuela

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Nothing against Caltex but when I tried the cleaning power of techron, the scv symptoms started. So I switched back to Petron. Although once when I tried the Petron station at SLEX southbound, the scv thing started again. Guess its best to stick to one station where you can see that many vehicles are drinking up to be safe. Or better yet get the scv warranty claim altogether hehe

3. JJGF - petron fatima, valenzuela
    4. marlowem - Petron Makati Ave. cor. Buendia

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ayusin ko lang

5. JJGF - petron fatima, valenzuela

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    6. pransis - usually sa Shell near GMA-Kamuning MRT Station

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    7. Zhandros - Petron EDSA cor Macapagal Ave or Petron Lopez Village

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi sir KCBoy!

I've been reading some post regarding the problem you've encountered with your strada....

I've been wanting to reply about it for many times now...but this is the only time I was able to do so due to time constraints...

Now,with regards to your problem...

You said your strada stalled you at around 6k kms....and the casa told you that there is some traces of dirt on your tank right? and you also indicated that you are loading up CALTEX FUEL eversince?...(please correct me if some facts I indicated is inaccurate)

so from what I think sir, the caltex fuel is the culprit why your truck stalled...

I'm saying this based upon my experience and from a conversation with our fellow bosb ARVIN CRISTI....

From what I have experienced when I loaded up caltex diesel with that techron D which I usually don't do, it just happen one time that i badly need fuel to go home and there is no other station available...I somewhat experienced something weird in the acceleration...its like sudden lost of power but not to the point that I would stall..

and then after a week later in one of the eb's i have raised this issue to sir AC....and he told me that I should never use caltex fuel...even before the techron D was introduced much more when it was added...because as far as I could remember...he told me that there is too much cleaning agents to that techron D which tend to clean the fuel lines super efficiently resulting to the clogging of the parts of the fuel system (SCV,fuel filter,etc) and will end up to what has happen to you which I think the dirt has even circulated to the fuel tank...So since then I have not and never will load up caltex diesel again...

Now, in your case I'm assuming that you have always used caltex fuel on your truck, although I can think na sanay na yung engine sa caltex fuel kasi nga ever since yun na yung kinakarga nyo...I'm still quite in doubt...kasi although they have added that techron D, the main mixture of the fuel I think is still the same kung baga nadagdagan lang nung additive which is not suited for our modern engines IMO...parang ang rating yata ng diesel fuel natin dito is euro 3/4's (another info from sir AC) hehe....BTW I just want to clarify that I'm just basing the things I'm saying to what i read in the internet and i'm not whatsoever in line with this kind of mechanical things and it is purely theoretical..

So in conclusion...My advice to you sir is change your diesel brand kapag ok na ulit yung truck mo...either shell or petron or total...kasi talagang as of this moment Caltex fuel doesn't really jive with our Mitsu Crdi engines...I even receive a joke pa nga also coming from another Bosb, when i told him about the caltex issue...."bakit ka nagpakarga dun? eh puro PUJ lang nagpapakarga dun eh" hehe....which also made me think that the addition of that techron D is kinda logical because those uncomplicated diesel engines of the PUJ's really does need super efficient fuel system cleaning....hehe....its just too bad that we can't enjoy its benefits unlike those PUJ drivers....

Hope it helps...

and please don't lose hope with your Strada...I'm very positive that the glitches you are experiencing is just for the meantime and you can enjoy your strada as soon as it is all fixed up...

PS

Wag ka na bumalik dun sa Union Paco....Horrific Service....I think they should be sanctioned by the DTi for all those Customer Dissatisfactions their causing....

7. Zhandros - Petron EDSA cor Macapagal Ave or Petron Lopez Village
    8. LR777 - Petron,Shell NLEX

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Napansin ko lang din sir....ikaw lang nagpapakarga sa Caltex in all the 8 of us that are currently replying.....I think nakakaramdam din sila ng mga hindi magandang bagay when the gas up caltex diesel....

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
strda and monterosport owners, where do you disel up???