New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Good day to everyone, I work with Smart Com and was quite lucky to be assigned service pickups. My boss gave me in this order L200, strada, hilux, ranger for break in, now I have a brand new Frontier for break in. Of all the pick-ups I drove, the ranger was the most comfortable(and had fast acceleration also), unfortunately, my engineer drove it off a ravine at tuguegarao last Nov.

Now my problem is my wife is pregnant and she would not ride my personal strada because of the bumpiness of the ride. I was contemplating on selling my strada (95 model) and getting a XL ranger. No doubt a new ranger will gimme a good ride, but my strada has sentimental worth.

If I replace my tires, lower my suspension, put two sacks of sand at the back, will my ride improve? Need your imputs po. tnx

Also, will a K&N air intake improve my Engines (4d56)performance? Tried it on gas, but not yet on diesel. .

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    get the xl ranger para bago. on sedans lowering the suspension mostly sacrifices comfort, not sure on pickups though. get a car if u want ur wife to be comfortable...

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    tnx po, just got a VX, medyo short na ng konti. if we sell the strada for 330-350k for downpayment of the Ranger XL then monthly of 10-11.9k depending on 48-60months, medyo mabigat kasi nag mo monthly rin kami sa VX. Was thinking if we spent 10k for tires and another 10k for suspension improvement, how much improvement on the ride of the strada can i get?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    afaik on my bro's frontier before, if he has nothing at the back the ride is bumpy as hell..so i guess thats the problem with pickups..if i were in ur shoes i'd sell the strada and get a 2nd hand 98 cefiro elite, that should be comfortable enough for ur wife

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batman_690
    tnx po, just got a VX, medyo short na ng konti. if we sell the strada for 330-350k for downpayment of the Ranger XL then monthly of 10-11.9k depending on 48-60months, medyo mabigat kasi nag mo monthly rin kami sa VX. Was thinking if we spent 10k for tires and another 10k for suspension improvement, how much improvement on the ride of the strada can i get?
    you mean Smart Telecoms bought a 2nd hand LC VX? or personal mo?
    ilang years ninyo ginagamit ang pick-ups? do you have the privelege of buying it?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    batman 690,

i agree with bluebimmer, you'd probably be better off selling the strada and getting a second hand car - accord, camry, or cefiro, to meet your wife's requirement for ride comfort.

if you can't let your strada go due to its sentimental value then you can have the suspension upgraded. you can change the shocks. i'd recommend Rancho's. i had rancho 9000x installed in all four corners of my rig - a gen 1 pajero which is also quite notorious for its bumpy ride. ride quality improved a lot although it still a long way off the ride comfort of a large sedan.

hope this helps

Strada . . . question po