New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Good day gurus,

May tanong po ako:
    1. Shift-on-the-fly po ba ang gen 1 at 2 Stradas sa atin?

2. I observed na bumaba horsepower rating ng Strada '03 from 100 to 98 compared to Strada '02 and '01. Dahil po ba sa Euro Compliant siya?

Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, nag-install sila ng catalytic converter to reduce emissions and be euro compliant. pero, 2 hp lang naman ito and may not translate that much to "hp to the wheels." what about tourque? bumaba rin ba sa new strada? i also know that the new strada has bigger wheels (16") versus the previous model so babagal ang acceleration niyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The torque is still the same at 240 Nm/2000 rpm. I also saw it sa Mitsu webpage na bumaba ang hp. :?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the torque is still the same, then bale wala yung 2hp na nawala sa catalytic converter. you can easily make up for this by converting you air intake filter into an open-type one like that of K&N's cone filter and uprating your exhaust system (pipes and muffler).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Woodfire,

You mentioned from previous posts na naglagay kayo ng turbo boost controller. Maganda po ba naging effect sa Strada ninyo? May effect po ba ito sa engine life? Plano ko rin pong maglagay.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yung tungkol sa shift on the fly yung gen 1 dipa,yung gen 2 di ako sura maynagsasabi na shift on the fly na may nagsasabi naman na hindi pa

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gen 2 is shift on the fly. no need to go stop, go down, and lock your hubs.

as regards the turbo boost controller, i had my rig dynoed by autoplus (group dyno so its cheaper) and it was tuned to log in "92 bhp to the wheels." without the controller, the rig was dynoed at just 78 bhp to the wheels. my pajero which has a 2.8 4M40 engine was dynoed at 98 bhp to the wheels. my paj has no boost controller and has only an open type filter and a modified exhaust. i reckon that if i install a controller in my paj, it will easily log 100+ bhp to the wheels.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, the gen 2 Strada is indeed shift-on-the-fly. It's written on the manual. I tried shifting it from 2H to 4H at 80 kph. It shifted smoothly.

Sir woodfire,

since naka-turbo boost controller Strada ninyo palagi po bang naka-above spec boost kayo? Tumaas po ba fuel consumption?

Thanks again.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala naman akong na-notice na tumaas ang fuel consumption. although there is a temptation to floor the pedal in a straightaway road, the opportunity to do so is infrequent. the only time i tried the strada at full throttle is when i went to la union last december in the north expressway going to the mabalacat exit. medyo hirap sumunod sa akin yung 6-cylinder ford explorer na ka-convoy namin.:wink:

for city driving, baka tumipid pa nga ang consumption ko because you can easily shift gears at low rpm i.e., 1800-2000 rpm. i say easily because hindi hirap yung makina.

if you do install a turbo boost controller, it is advisable to use synthetic engine oil (like delvac 1) to enhance protection of the engine.

for the gen2 strada, no need to recalibrate your fuel injection pump since it will automatically compensate for the added air boost of your turbo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir woodfire,

Thank you very much for the sharing your experience with your Strada. Mag-iipon na po ako for the turbo boost controller.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Strada Owners Questions lang po. :)