New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi to all Strada owners!

I just wanted to share my experience regarding my Strada Brake pads.
    Last June this year, I had my regular PMS at Citimotors Makati and had my brake pads changed due to wear and tear. I was given OEM brake pad set at price of P6k plus. After few days of use, I noticed squeaking sound coming from the front brakes or wheels, that happened especially with light press on brakes as in cases of having smooth stops. So I initially brought my Strada to Shell service to have my front wheels checked. We noticed that there was MISSING BRAKE PAD PLATE on one of the front brakes. So the next day, (first week of July) I returned to Citimotors to have my brake pad checked for the squeaking sound and to report that there was MISSING Brake Pad Plate. So works were done including cleaning the front brakes and "returning" or putting on the missing brake pad plate.
    So nawala panandalihan yung ingay sa front wheels/brakes, at bumalik ulit yung irritating squeaking sound after few days. So on my next PMS, (September), I asked my SA kung pwede palitan na lang ng bago yung brake pad kasi maingay. He said try daw nila linisan at "hopefully" matanggal yung ingay. And so they did. But, again, bumalik ulit yung ingay sa front wheels. So again, on the 3rd week of October, I again returned my Strada to Citimotors to have my brake pads and front wheels checked for the squeaking sound. Sabi ng SA, MITSUBISHI COMPANY HAD EXPERIMENTS WITH BRAKE PADS. Sabi daw, dati malambot ang mga brake pads at madaling mapudpod, kaya they tried yung mixture ng malambot at mas matigas na material for the brake pads, KAYA DAW YUNG NAILAGAY SA AKIN eh yung bagong brake pads kaya maingay... Unfortunately, hindi na tinanggap sa warranty department and replacement nung brake pads ko kasi daw matagal ko na nagamit... Well, my history of letting them check my brakes should suffice my argument...
    Anyway, my points and questions are:
    -- Bakit naglalagay ang Mitsubishi (in particular Citimotors Makati) ng "not-so-good" and "under-trial" brake pads IN EXPENSE OF THE CLIENTS
    kung sakaling may hindi magandang mangyari like yung squeaking sounds?
    -- This is a bad service (actually a very bad service) on part of Citimotors kasi alam naman natin kung gaano kaimportante ang brakes sa atin
    especially travelling long distances.
    -- Pls advise me kung ano maganda gawin sa mga ganitong sitwasyon, kasi malamang hindi lang ako nakakaexperience nitong maiingay na brake
    pads kasi sa daan may mga naririnig na rin ko maiingay na brakes especially sa Stradas and Montys.
    -- We cannot let these things just happen, at isawalang bahala na lang kasi hindi biro ang brakes, at pati na rin yung binabayad natin (a defective
    item worth P6,000+ tsk tsk!)
    -- Ano ba maganda brand ng Brake Pad for Strada, aside from "Tokico"?

Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the Montero Sport (which use the same brake pads as the Strada), I just put in a set of Bendix General CT pads when the OEM pads (manufactured by Tokico) got worn. Wala naman naging problem afterwards. Or at least my colleague who uses the vehicle daily has not reported any problems. hehe.

It was around Php850.00 if I remember right.

I think crazy_boy knows the 'bedding in' procedure for brake pads. That might be of help if your only concern is the squeaking sound but have no problems when it comes to braking force.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Found some photos. Don't know if they're of any help. At least the Bendix part number is indicated in one of the photos:

On the heavier Land Cruiser, this is what I put in. It was around Php1,500? Can't recall the exact price:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Hi to all Strada owners!

I just wanted to share my experience regarding my Strada Brake pads.
    Last June this year, I had my regular PMS at Citimotors Makati and had my brake pads changed due to wear and tear. I was given OEM brake pad set at price of P6k plus. After few days of use, I noticed squeaking sound coming from the front brakes or wheels, that happened especially with light press on brakes as in cases of having smooth stops. So I initially brought my Strada to Shell service to have my front wheels checked. We noticed that there was MISSING BRAKE PAD PLATE on one of the front brakes. So the next day, (first week of July) I returned to Citimotors to have my brake pad checked for the squeaking sound and to report that there was MISSING Brake Pad Plate. So works were done including cleaning the front brakes and "returning" or putting on the missing brake pad plate.
    So nawala panandalihan yung ingay sa front wheels/brakes, at bumalik ulit yung irritating squeaking sound after few days. So on my next PMS, (September), I asked my SA kung pwede palitan na lang ng bago yung brake pad kasi maingay. He said try daw nila linisan at "hopefully" matanggal yung ingay. And so they did. But, again, bumalik ulit yung ingay sa front wheels. So again, on the 3rd week of October, I again returned my Strada to Citimotors to have my brake pads and front wheels checked for the squeaking sound. Sabi ng SA, MITSUBISHI COMPANY HAD EXPERIMENTS WITH BRAKE PADS. Sabi daw, dati malambot ang mga brake pads at madaling mapudpod, kaya they tried yung mixture ng malambot at mas matigas na material for the brake pads, KAYA DAW YUNG NAILAGAY SA AKIN eh yung bagong brake pads kaya maingay... Unfortunately, hindi na tinanggap sa warranty department and replacement nung brake pads ko kasi daw matagal ko na nagamit... Well, my history of letting them check my brakes should suffice my argument...
    Anyway, my points and questions are:
    -- Bakit naglalagay ang Mitsubishi (in particular Citimotors Makati) ng "not-so-good" and "under-trial" brake pads IN EXPENSE OF THE CLIENTS
    kung sakaling may hindi magandang mangyari like yung squeaking sounds?
    -- This is a bad service (actually a very bad service) on part of Citimotors kasi alam naman natin kung gaano kaimportante ang brakes sa atin
    especially travelling long distances.
    -- Pls advise me kung ano maganda gawin sa mga ganitong sitwasyon, kasi malamang hindi lang ako nakakaexperience nitong maiingay na brake
    pads kasi sa daan may mga naririnig na rin ko maiingay na brakes especially sa Stradas and Montys.
    -- We cannot let these things just happen, at isawalang bahala na lang kasi hindi biro ang brakes, at pati na rin yung binabayad natin (a defective
    item worth P6,000+ tsk tsk!)
    -- Ano ba maganda brand ng Brake Pad for Strada, aside from "Tokico"?

Salamat!

There goes again the disadvantage of not being able to monitor your car while undergoing repair or maintenance.

That stainless steel plate is important as they say but often neglected. Can somebody explain its funtion please.

You should have taken a photo, document everything then file a complaint.

I think casa only use tokico. And it does not come in soft or hard type. Hehe palusot lang nila yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. The shim can get lost or damaged from time to time.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ang gamit ng shim.para wag maingay ang brakes, kahit walang shim kapit pa din ang brakes

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    On the Montero Sport (which use the same brake pads as the Strada), I just put in a set of Bendix General CT pads when the OEM pads (manufactured by Tokico) got worn. Wala naman naging problem afterwards. Or at least my colleague who uses the vehicle daily has not reported any problems. hehe.

It was around Php850.00 if I remember right.

I think crazy_boy knows the 'bedding in' procedure for brake pads. That might be of help if your only concern is the squeaking sound but have no problems when it comes to braking force.
    Yung bedding procedures:
    1. Accelerate to 60 kph.
    2. Apply brake using light to moderate to reduce speed to 10 kph.
    3. Repeat steps at least 10x allowing 1/3 of km between cycles.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Mga sir, just asked CASA how much ang brake pad nila, 7k+ daw ksama ang labor (using OEM). Ok na po ba to? Someone(from TSCP) suggested na gumamit nung Bendix? Magkno po ba aabutin qng ggmit aq ng Bendix?