New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hello guys!

Im just new here at tsikot. Well this is one of those pinoy sites that is very helpful to us pinoys. A thumbs up for the founders and webmasters!

Here's my Q's?:confused:

I have a '99 strada (endeavour look) all gears are in stock and my tires are oblong! :D

I planning to set-up my truck with a 15x8 rims and a 31x10.5 a/t tires. My tires right now is dunlop grandtrek at2 31x10.5 two fronts are in good shape and the backs are in bad shape. Now my question is this? ive seen stradas that are modified with a "brusco" or "macho" like porma or swampers ba tawag dun? sorry dko alam talaga. I wanted my strada to look like one! with a minimal bite on the pocket :D And important is, if i will fit bigger tires like 33x12.5 do the tires reach my fenders? Do i need a lift kit? Sasayad ba pag liko? or matagtag ba at maingay?
    Flood me with suggestions pls because oblong na talaga yung tires ko at balak ko isang bilihan nalang!

Salamat ng marami!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tires that are 33" tall will fit your Strada. Here are some things to consider.

WHEELS: You will need new wheels with a different offset (yung medyo naka-usli) to avoid contact on full turns.
    SUSPENSION: If you are on a budget, just crank up the front torsion bars by an inch or an inch and a half. Then cut down the upper bumstop to 1/2 or 1/4 its total height to retain ride quality. In the case of woodfire's Strada, all the alignment shims in his front suspension had to be removed to properly realign his truck.

For the rear, you can simply have taller shackles fabricated to level off the look. Ask kimpOy on where his Strada shackles were made.

Btw, Swampers is the common term used to denote Interco Super Swampers. It is a specific brand/model of tire. If you used A/T type tires then it will just be as noisy as your current levels. The suspension will be a bit stiffer after the mods but it was still bearable when I rode in kimpOy's truck. However, I would recommend you stick with 32" tires as they are less expensive and will fit better. Your engine will also not be as strained as when trying to turn 33" tires.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Mr.Tekgik,I have a friend na may strada,mod 02,ginawa niya ay pinalitan ang lahat na gulong at wheel niya,american racing ang wheel,15x10 na chrome plated,32x12.50 ang gulong,dunlop at2 din at body lift ng 2 and a half inches.maganda talagang tingnan....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, a body lift is another alternative for you.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Tires that are 33" tall will fit your Strada. Here are some things to consider.

WHEELS: You will need new wheels with a different offset (yung medyo naka-usli) to avoid contact on full turns.
    SUSPENSION: If you are on a budget, just crank up the front torsion bars by an inch or an inch and a half. Then cut down the upper bumstop to 1/2 or 1/4 its total height to retain ride quality. In the case of woodfire's Strada, all the alignment shims in his front suspension had to be removed to properly realign his truck.

For the rear, you can simply have taller shackles fabricated to level off the look. Ask kimpOy on where his Strada shackles were made.

Btw, Swampers is the common term used to denote Interco Super Swampers. It is a specific brand/model of tire. If you used A/T type tires then it will just be as noisy as your current levels. The suspension will be a bit stiffer after the mods but it was still bearable when I rode in kimpOy's truck. However, I would recommend you stick with 32" tires as they are less expensive and will fit better. Your engine will also not be as strained as when trying to turn 33" tires.

Hi OTEP!

how to determine offset, kase pag nasa bilihan ako ang alam lang nila is 15x8 or 15x10, mag offset yan and so on... In technical terms like seen on AWC website yun ba yung -6 or +12?

About the lifting naman san shop maganda mag pa lift? And how much it would cost me?

Swamper is a brand pala! Now i know!

thanks again OTEP!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Offset nga ata yung -6 to +12. Minsan kasi iba ang terms na gamit nila. Mahirap magsabi kung aling offset ang tama sa Strada. I think you have to actually test fit para malaman mo. Hintay na lang tayo ng mga expert advice mula sa mga hardcore off-roaders. hehehe.

Any suspension shop can crank the torsion bars for you (actually kahit ikaw pwede mong gawin ito). Just make sure may wheel alignment equipment sila. Yung pag-fabricate ng shackles hindi ko alam talaga kung saan. Wala kasing shackles ang ride ko. hehehe.

Check out the Mitsubisbi Tech section ng www.4x4wire.com dahil nandoon ang explanation ng torsion bar cranking.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by ekc542000
    Mr.Tekgik,I have a friend na may strada,mod 02,ginawa niya ay pinalitan ang lahat na gulong at wheel niya,american racing ang wheel,15x10 na chrome plated,32x12.50 ang gulong,dunlop at2 din at body lift ng 2 and a half inches.maganda talagang tingnan....

Hi ekc!

Is it ok to ask your friend where did he/she took his/her strada?

thanks!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Offset nga ata yung -6 to +12. Minsan kasi iba ang terms na gamit nila. Mahirap magsabi kung aling offset ang tama sa Strada. I think you have to actually test fit para malaman mo. Hintay na lang tayo ng mga expert advice mula sa mga hardcore off-roaders. hehehe.

Any suspension shop can crank the torsion bars for you (actually kahit ikaw pwede mong gawin ito). Just make sure may wheel alignment equipment sila. Yung pag-fabricate ng shackles hindi ko alam talaga kung saan. Wala kasing shackles ang ride ko. hehehe.

Check out the Mitsubisbi Tech section ng www.4x4wire.com dahil nandoon ang explanation ng torsion bar cranking.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003

hehehe online all the time si mr. OTEP!:D thanks for the links its very helpful!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sir tekgik,may sarili siyang shop.nasa mindanao kami sa butuan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rims & tires for Strada?