New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Speedyfix quoted 3700 plus 400 labor fee for Brembo. I'll try inquiring from Motech to compare.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Is this for your XV? AutoperformancePH (local Brembo dealer) quoted me 4k for the front pads of my XT.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    make sure they lube the caliper pins..

FOCUS

yeah get those sachets of caliper pin grease. i use Wurth. it's a silicone grease so it won't attack the rubber boot

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Is this for your XV? AutoperformancePH (local Brembo dealer) quoted me 4k for the front pads of my XT.
    Nope, for a 2014 Mirage G4 GLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah get those sachets of caliper pin grease. i use Wurth. it's a silicone grease so it won't attack the rubber boot
    Do installers usually lubricate these? Or do you have to specifically ask them to?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sounds like youre in the right direction. update us [emoji6]

FOCUS

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Motech has Hi-Q and Bendix. They claim thqt Hi-Q is better than Bendix at a cheaper price of 1.2K. Labor is 550. Any truth to this? Hi-Q is a Korean brand.

Or Brembo all the way? I'm trying to contact AutoPerformancePH's landline and it seems to be broken. They don't reply in Messenger as well. *Egan101, how'd you contact them?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Do installers usually lubricate these? Or do you have to specifically ask them to?

they don't they don't do it by the book. coz they don't know or don't care or both. they don't have the proper grease anyway which could be a bit difficult to find...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    they don't they don't do it by the book. coz they don't know or don't care or both. they don't have the proper grease anyway which could be a bit difficult to find...
    Ok. So if I decide to not do the lahor myself, then I'm out of luck with proper caliper greasing before brake pad installation? That sucks.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Lol! Getting the Brembo front brake pads from autoperformance ph directly costs just 2.5K compared to 3.7K from Speedyfix. It's amazing how much they put on top

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Ok. So if I decide to not do the lahor myself, then I'm out of luck with proper caliper greasing before brake pad installation? That sucks.

i've seen my sister's Lynx w/ seized pins so i do proper greasing w/ my cars. i buy the grease from True Value. wurth brand

so just buy the grease then have your mechanic do it. if he's any sort of competent then he'll have an idea. if not, watch a youtube video and instruct him what to do

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    i've seen my sister's Lynx w/ seized pins so i do proper greasing w/ my cars. i buy the grease from True Value. wurth brand

so just buy the grease then have your mechanic do it. if he's any sort of competent then he'll have an idea. if not, watch a youtube video and instruct him what to do
    How much did you buy the Wurth brand of grease lubricant?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast