New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Mga Diesel Gurus,

May nabibili po bang new or surplus rear disks and/or ABS for my Strada? Pwede kayang pakabitan ito?

Salamat po sa replies. Happy New Year to All!! :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala po yata. I think even the Challenger/Montero Sport/Pajero Sport series which is based on the Strada still uses rear drums. Saka mahirap po mag-tono ng braking system if you somehow managed to put disc brakes there. Upgrade the front discs na lang. They do 80% of the stopping naman, eh.

ABS is something that can be quite difficult and expensive to install once the vehicle has left the factory floor. I don't think any shop does this kind of service.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most factory installed abs systems use bosch, so that might be a place to start. don't expect to find any help locally though.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    medyo mahal yang plan mo, lagay ka nalang siguro ng ibang parts, and baka pumalpak pa kabit dilikado brakes yun eh, pero try mo rin,goodluck:D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    change your front pads to good ones. like CFM they are made in australia and is better than the stock ones. you can buy them sa distributor of old man. i use them in my isuzu it brakes better. ano ba strada the box type or new one.

because if box type many are complaining about its weak brakes, sort it runs out of vacuum, the pedal is harder to push with prolonged or if you pump your brakes. one remedy is put a vacuum reservior.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Eh iyong sa current 2nd gen pajero na rear disks pwede po kayang ikabit sa strada ko (2nd gen)? May mairerekomend ba kayong surplus shop where I can buy this and have it installed?

salamat po ulit.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    afaik the rear discs of the 2.5 gen pajero is bigger than the front discs...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit po ba gusto nyong gawing disc brakes yung rear brakes nyo?
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    imo that is too much work, get the hilux nlang hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the advice to upgrade your front brakes (pads? master cylinder?).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Rear disks and ABS Upgrade for Strada