New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ..need your help peeps.
    i have a 2000 adventure super sports 2.0 A/T - first owner
    some time last year, nagpasama utol ko (convoy)somewhere, and swap kami ng oto. (i thought ok lang para makita ko naman yung oto ko from the outside)
    i noticed after a while, na my adventure kinda runs sideways.. parang sliding to the right.. i didnt mind it at first till i got the chance to see my car again while a friend of mine drove it to the grocery.
    i got bothered this time, and ever since, i noticed a lot of adventures (2000 model and below esp. shuttles).
    is there anyone out there who noticed the same problem?
    if so, how did you solve the problem?
    salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba leaf spring yan? baka putol ang center pin ng muelle. this pin on the differential slots into a hole in the top leaf spring to center the differential drive shaft. check under the car (better have it lifted at a gas station) and ask the mechanic to inspect. measure one side and compare it to the other side, dapat pantay yan. if the measurements are not equal then have the suspected leaf spring removed from the diffrential where it is attached by the U-bolts. check the pin if it is still there. baka lapit ka na tumaob, better check than be really really sorry later on.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks yebo! what caused this kaya if ever? kas i'm pretty sure na i don't overload, never had a collision, or nalubak ng grabe..
    by the way, i had the alignment checked.. seems like it's off by around 3 degrees daw. nevertheless, i'll have it checked again and fixed. salamats!

rear alignment