New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Hello guys. Ako po ung nagpost kahapon about mitsubishi's warranty, and my problem involving a rattling/knocking sound. I wasnt able to assess it carefully before kasi medyo nag panic ako when I first heard the noise. Sumobra pa concern ko when i read something about rod knocks.

Anyway, i own a mirage glx, bought last 2016. 9k pa ang mileage, last pms was nung pag abot ng 5k. I checked the oil and it was full, and good quality pa naman since honey brown ang color, clear, no sediments on the oil.

When i start the engine, wala naman noise. When driven, it runs smoothly even when i rev the engine or make sharp turns. Wala ung ingay. But when i turn on the AC, may rattling noise na magstart, which becomes a bit louder when i rev the engine, and goes away when i turn the ac off, as shown by the video attached below.

Im not auto savvy at all so i dont know what could be causing this. Im desperately hoping it has nothing to do with the engine, lalo na't bago pa ang kotse, and i cannot afford to have it overhauled as im planning on moving soon. At this point im just hoping na may debris lang na na-stuck sa ilalim, but then again, di din ako sure because i dont know what that would sound like

Pupunta po ako ng casa next week. Puno na kasi sila this saturday and closed on sundays. Malayo din ung casa since i live in another city. I hope di rin sya delekado i drive ng malayo if ac lang nga ang problema.

What could be your thoughts on what's causing this though? And any idea as to the costs? Thank you po talaga sa mga advice

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I saw the video. sounds more like the ac fan is hitting some leaves inside. with the ac off, can you rev to about 1000rpm and note if there is a clatering sound?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I saw the video. sounds more like the ac fan is hitting some leaves inside. with the ac off, can you rev to about 1000rpm and note if there is a clatering sound?

Yes. I did that earlier, and no, wala po ung sound pag naka off ang AC. Except when i revved it right after i turned off the AC. Pero after a few minutes after i turned off the AC, i revved it again and wala na ung sound.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaixxa View Post
    Yes. I did that earlier, and no, wala na po ung sound pag naka off ang AC. Except when i revved it immediately after i turned off the AC. Pero after a few minutes after i turned off the AC, i revved it again and wala na ung sound.
    ac fan lng yan hehehe. either cleaning or replacement

Rattling/clacking/knocking sound