New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    when i turn off the engine, the radiator fan takes 5-10 seconds to shut down...is this normal? btw, my car is 04 lancer mx. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It can be. On some vehicles the fan can even start with the engine off already.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    when i turn off the engine, the radiator fan takes 5-10 seconds to shut down...is this normal? btw, my car is 04 lancer mx. thanks
    It happens because, thankfully, your car is smarter than whoever is driving it! It has a thermometer, along with many other sensors, and when it detects that the engine is too hot for it's own good, it runs the fan to cool the radiator coolant. It's a good thing, don't worry. And no, it should have no adverse affect on the battery, because it's sensing that as well.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    thats normal, my old camry was like that after a long drive or a hot summer on rush hour

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Wow! Thanks for the info guys! I also thought it was a malfunction. But others told me otherwise. but this really explains it all. Thanks smart guys!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post

kenz,

I have a 05 (sedia) lancer 1.6 MT, its the same with my car, the aux fan runs around 5 seconds after turning off.

BTW, would you or somebody here know if the 04 and 05 models are the same? It would be great to form a group with the same body type lancer.. Any body else with the same idea? Even just to compare notes, share sources and experiences..

Ciao!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    My MX does it too.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mine also specially if the engine is hot....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mine also specially if the engine is hot....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Don't be worried, that's normal especially when the engine is HOT. That happens to me sometimes.

Radiator Fan is still on!