New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    like what bro chronicle said, fill up(gas) what is recommended for your engine. don't mind that "daw" pertaining to knocking due to low oil.
    not meant to offend, how long had you've been driving with a MT?
    Nearly 3 years na po. I've only ever driven with an MT car.

No offense taken

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Re not following PMS Schedule of Mitsubishi.

Based on my experience, that does not technically lead to voiding of warranty, unless you did something outside that caused the damage (like install or modify the car with aftermarket parts voiding the warranty).

They are not as strict in that regard but it depends on what your case really is.

Though the most I've ever claimed with Mitsubishi was a credit for battery replacement (they credited the php amount of the replacement to my next service), a suspension replacement and fuel filler neck change (presence of rust). Oh, I've also had the AVT Monitor completely Replaced and also my Alarm Unit inside the car, all under warranty.

All of these were under warranty and I went with a yearly 10k PMS instead of the recommend 6 month PMS interval.

Also, why are you so scared to have them check? It is already giving the impression that you are guilty of something. Keep calm and don't panic. The more flustered you look, the more it appears you are hiding something with your Service Advisor.

Edit: Read up on what is covered with the extended warranty. If it is covered, you should and can claim it. I don't know about others, but my claims were all based on the warranty claims for Montero. But they were not extended warranty of 5 years, only 3 years.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Re not following PMS Schedule of Mitsubishi.

Based on my experience, that does not technically lead to voiding of warranty, unless you did something outside that caused the damage (like install or modify the car with aftermarket parts voiding the warranty).

They are not as strict in that regard but it depends on what your case really is.

Though the most I've ever claimed with Mitsubishi was a credit for battery replacement (they credited the php amount of the replacement to my next service), a suspension replacement and fuel filler neck change (presence of rust).

All of these were under warranty and I went with a yearly 10k PMS instead of the recommend 6 month PMS interval.

Also, why are you so scared to have them check? It is already giving the impression that you are guilty of something. Keep calm and don't panic. The more flustered you look, the more it appears you are hiding something with your Service Advisor.
    Lumampas na po kasi ako sa usual time limit to have the oil checked eh. That's why i think they will hold this against me if i try to claim from the warranty.

Di ko rin alam paano mag react if they tell me that it's worse than i thought and i wont be able to afford their quotation lol

Will it be safe for me to travel to the casa though? I live in a different city kasi and the casa is around 70-80 km away.

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaixxa View Post
    If the sound is caused by any of those, magkano po kaya ang estimate ng cost for repairs pag sa casa vs sa talyer?

Again i apologize if i seem to be asking the obvious. Im not auto savvy :/
    Its ok, kaya nga tayo nagtatanong because we don't know.

Problem nga lang, walang makaka-diagnose niyan here. Everybody will just be throwing wild guesses unless we can see/hear personally.

Best bring it to a mechanic you trust and have them look/listen & tinker with it and see what he/she has to say. Pa estimate ka muna then pa second opinon ka here sa forum sa findings niya.

A tapping sound caused by low oil levels? Who told you that?!?!? More likely you'll see the oil warning light on your display before your oil gets low enough to cause that much of a problem.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

... or a a tool left wedged in some corner of the engine compartment (it can happen, believe me!)
    I remember a few years ago, there was that annoying sound in our CR-V whenever I make a sharp turn. After a couple of weeks of hoping that the sound will go out on its own, I finally decided to open everything that I can.

I found a screwdriver! The place where I found it is "reasonable" for me. What is astonishing was the socket wrench underneath the seat, not under the seat but the one in-between the seat itself and the frame.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I remember a few years ago, there was that annoying sound in our CR-V whenever I make a sharp turn. After a couple of weeks of hoping it that the sound will go out on its own, I finally decided to open everything that I can.

I found a screwdriver! The place where I found it is "reasonable" for me. What is astonishing was the socket wrench underneath the seat, not under the seat but the one in-between the seat itself and the frame.
    Lol! Right now im praying na bato lang ung nag lodge sa ilalim. Before nagtunog2 ung makina, dumaan kasi ako sa lubak lubak na daan. Hoping and prayiiiing na bato lang ngna talaga.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Its ok, kaya nga tayo nagtatanong because we don't know.

Problem nga lang, walang makaka-diagnose niyan here. Everybody will just be throwing wild guesses unless we can see/hear personally.

Best bring it to a mechanic you trust and have them look/listen & tinker with it and see what he/she has to say. Pa estimate ka muna then pa second opinon ka here sa forum sa findings niya.

A tapping sound caused by low oil levels? Who told you that?!?!? More likely you'll see the oil warning light on your display before your oil gets low enough to cause that much of a problem.
    When i had it checked sa neighborhood mechanic kahapon, he checked the engine (pero di sya nag kuti2 ng mabuti kasi under warranty pa), and ang sabi nya baka ung timing chain raw ang problema. :/

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    Di ko rin alam paano mag react if they tell me that it's worse than i thought and i wont be able to afford their quotation lol

Will it be safe for me to travel to the casa though? I live in a different city kasi and the casa is around 70-80 km away.
    Wag nega.

Wala din makapagsasabi if safe to drive the car because nobody knows whats wrong with your car (if anything's wrong with it talaga) Baka naman you're comparing it to yung sound ng Mitsubishi GTO mo dati, eh ibang usapan yan

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    When i had it checked sa neighborhood mechanic kahapon, he checked the engine (pero di sya nag kuti2 ng mabuti kasi under warranty pa), and ang sabi nya baka ung timing chain raw ang problema. :/
    Timing chain? Are gas fed engines are fitted with this instead of a timing belt?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Agree.

Yung Mirage nga eh offer pa nila is 5 years warranty & free labor charge during that period. Technically, they do that to keep you coming back to them for the next 5 years, free nga labor pero tatagain ka sa parts & fluids. Pero bring things back to them for warranty claim... "naku sir, hindi covered yan."

:
    Ok naman warranty ng mitsubishi. Was able to replace 2 wheel bearings and radiator fan with minimal questions. I am not quite sure where you got "hindi covered yan".

Anyway, the casa I go to only checks vehicle mileage for the PMS. To the threadstarter, try using a different type of fuel. The mirage is very picky with the fuel you put in it.

Also, I am guessing that you are far from the city. A mechanic that knows modern engines may not be available in your area.
    Last edited by A121; July 25th, 2018 at 11:05 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast