New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I started my Monty this morning a loud MEOW eminated from the engine bay. Lo and Behold a cat was trapped underneath in what corner I can't locate. I was forced to use another vehicle hoping the cat will come out on his own within the day. Can you give me some tips on how to bring out the stubborn cat? May masisira ba ito sa engine if nagtagal sya dito? Thanks.
    Last edited by roydok; October 22nd, 2010 at 09:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    A clubmate had a similar incident in his Lancer which left the cat dead and smelling corpse in the bay.

Better do something to help it out before he slices the belts and wiring.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    If the cat did not come out of the engine bay..it might have been killed by the moving belts inside. Better check the engine bay thoroughly.

One time when I arrived from work, the guard called my attention because a cat was hanging below the engine bay near the bumper. When I opened the hood, I saw the dead small cat hanging with its foot stuck in one of the crannies. Fortunately, it was not dismembered and it might have been killed by the heat inside.

After the incident, I made it a point to just sound the alarm once in a while everytime I get to wake up in the morning and sometimes, even during the night. Para mabulabog yung pusa at umalis sa engine bay.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    cats usually just hide inside the engine bay cause of the warmth, especially now that it's raining. it will crawl out when either the heat of the engine is gone or its already hungry. wag lang may baong syang daga for dinner. tapos nag tira. badtrip yan, mangangamoy yan.

and yeah pag natakot at di agad nakalabas pag andar mo luto sa init.

rats are more destructive. they gnaw anything they can, from wiring harness to hoses, parang titikman nila alin pwede kainin, and the sad part of it after nila manira, eebak at jingle pa sa engine bay.

we seen so many cars even new ones, na dinaanan ng mga daga.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The cat was meowing like hell when I turned off the engine. It was still meowing when I left the garage. I hope it moved out on its own by tom. If not sakit ng ulo ito.
    Last edited by roydok; October 22nd, 2010 at 09:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    The cat was meowing like hell when I turned off the engine. It was still meowing when I left the garage. I hope it moved out on its own by tom. If not sakit ng ulo ito.

Problema din namin yan sir! ingat nalang lalo na pag nakapark auto mo matagal or kahit overnight lang, patunugin mo muna alarm mo 3 times or kung okie lang open mo muna hood mo then check bago mo start engine mahirap na.. sakit sa ulo talaga yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nangyari na rin sa akin yan. May namatay na kuting sa engine bay, sobrang baho.

Then just last week, muntik na naman may namatay na kuting, buti nalang somebody saw the kitty hanging inside the bumper. Pinatanggal ko agad.

There was one time pala, nasagasaan ko naman isa pang kuting, tumalsik utak, kinain naman ng ibang pusa yung utak ng pusa.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    if you can safely pour water the cat would run away. Kaso medyo delikado din mabasa some parts of the engine bay. But kinda humane to do it that way. Magastos pwede din warm oil. Aalis yun pag nabasa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update: Wala ng pusa when I checked my Monty this morning. Mukhang bumaba ang pusa yesterday from the engine bay. I'm glad I won't have to battle with a stubborn cat to get it out.
    Last edited by roydok; October 23rd, 2010 at 10:03 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    samin yung pusa sa baba lang.. sa ilalim lang ng auto.. yung mga palaka ang nagpupunta sa engine bay.. one time nag top up ako ng water sa reservoir ko pag bukas ko ng hood bulaga! may malaking palaka sa engine ko .hahaha. ang hirap pa tanggalin ayaw pa tulak >.<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pusa sa Engine Bay