New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    bAD EXPERIENCE.. ung wiper biglang nanginig while running.. heavy rain.. hinde smooth.. what is the problem is the blade? clip type ba pag pnalitan ng blade? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenne08 View Post
    bAD EXPERIENCE.. ung wiper biglang nanginig while running.. heavy rain.. hinde smooth.. what is the problem is the blade? clip type ba pag pnalitan ng blade? TIA
    There could be a few causes:
    -blade is dirty
    -windshield in contaminated (car wax or tire black)
    -windshield has some anti-rain coating or some of the anti-rain coating got on the wiper blade.
    -wiper blade needs replacing

even if the car is new, the unit itself could have been in storage for many months before you bought it. If the storage area was an open lot, the car would have been exposed to the sun everyday from the day it arrived at the storage area until it was sold to you. So having a dry rubber wiper blade is not a big mystery. Also when you wash the car, do you use the same car rag to wipe the windshield as on the rest of the car? And do you use car wax?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 18th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There could be a few causes:
    -blade is dirty
    -windshield in contaminated (car wax or tire black)
    -windshield has some anti-rain coating or some of the anti-rain coating got on the wiper blade.
    -wiper blade needs replacing

even if the car is new, the unit itself could have been in storage for many months before you bought it. If the storage area was an open lot, the car would have been exposed to the sun everyday from the day it arrived at the storage area until it was sold to you. So having a dry rubber wiper blade is not a big mystery. Also when you wash the car, do you use the same car rag to wipe the windshield as on the rest of the car? And do you use car wax?
    ok.. thanks for the info ghosthunter.. i just used glass cleaner and watermark remover.. i put the watermarks remover then i put glass cleaner.. so maybe i need to change my wiper.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    pag nakapagpalit ka na wiper blade sir, ganito na lang gawin mong practice. while nakapark ka, always eh i-taas mo wiper mo lalo na kung naka park under the sun para di lumutong yung blades or palagay ka na lang ng wiper stand, sa concorde meron nun. para kahit nakababa wiper mo, naka angat pa din siya sa windshield mo to protect the blades from the heat of the glass. pag mag wipe ka, automatic bababa yung wiper stand. HTH. :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21
    pag nakapagpalit ka na wiper blade sir, ganito na lang gawin mong practice. while nakapark ka, always eh i-taas mo wiper mo lalo na kung naka park under the sun para di lumutong yung blades or palagay ka na lang ng wiper stand, sa concorde meron nun. para kahit nakababa wiper mo, naka angat pa din siya sa windshield mo to protect the blades from the heat of the glass. pag mag wipe ka, automatic bababa yung wiper stand. HTH. :D
    Do you believe with this practice? Modern blades now can handle extreme heat thus preventing them from cracking.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ...apparently not modern enough, because they still harden and crack with exposure. heh heh.
    let us accept it: wiper blade rubber is engineered for regular replacement. let us just be happy they don't cost as much as tires.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Do you believe with this practice? Modern blades now can handle extreme heat thus preventing them from cracking.
    HAHA, sino me sabe? kita mo nga sir yung nangyari ke TS sa wiper niya. so yung wiper niya hindi "modern blade" ang ginamit for a 2 month old car kagaya ng sabi mo? :D

napakadami pa din gumagawa ng practice na yun. including mga car dealer mismo sa mga bagong unit nila sa releasing area, na kita ko ganun sila sa toyota pasig, cubao at mitsubishi evolander taytay rizal.

wala naman mawawala kung gagawin mo eh. diba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Even with modern materials, the wiper blades would last longer if you do it. Personally, I am just too lazy to do it myself.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *TS, that sometimes happens lalo na pag talagang matagal na umaandar yung wiper. Pero curious din ako, what causes that? tumigas na yung rubber?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    *TS, that sometimes happens lalo na pag talagang matagal na umaandar yung wiper. Pero curious din ako, what causes that? tumigas na yung rubber?
    it's a chemical reaction between the rubber compound and the air (oxygen), hastened by sunlight and heat.
    same explanation why our clothes waistline garters baconize over time..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Problem with Wiper..  LANCER GLX '11 2months old.