New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Good morning mga sir im planning to own a mitsubishi montero before the end of october, pls help me decide which color I'm choosing between quartz brown, blue and jade green ata yun which is better mga sir? i also asked my SA if its possible that I would buy aftermarket HID's and have it installed with them I was wondering what bulb size do they use for the high beam, low beam and fogs...TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by acee View Post
    Good morning mga sir im planning to own a mitsubishi montero before the end of october, pls help me decide which color I'm choosing between quartz brown, blue and jade green ata yun which is better mga sir? i also asked my SA if its possible that I would buy aftermarket HID's and have it installed with them I was wondering what bulb size do they use for the high beam, low beam and fogs...TIA
    Acee, get the quartz brown. it is very easy to maintain, dust and dirt are not as noticeable including swirl marks and fine scratches plus the fact that it is the new color available so that means may kaunting exclusivity pa. besides i think the garnet green is already discontinued.

fogs and low beam are H11 bulbs and Hi beam is HB3/9005

btw, i got the q brown so i am biased!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i like green. but i wonder what the HIDs are for.. hindi ba ok yung standard factory lights? and quite a number of these owners of HIDs and foglamps do not have the decency to aim them correctly... nakakasilaw!..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 31st, 2010 at 02:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quartz brown is a very nice color among your options. Its elegant as it is, pwede na hindi bihisan pa unlike the white, black and gray na ang ganda bihisan kasi sporty colors. As for HID bulbs 3 sets pala ang kailangan for the hi,low and fog lamps. Yung 8000k looks so cool, concern ko lang kung raining na baka wala na makita as compared to the all weather one na yellowish.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    As for the color, quartz brown gets my vote. Classy yet simple. Tama sila, kahit stock, panalo na.

As for the HID's naman, I suggest get for the low beams only. 6k would suffice. Though 4.3k will be the best. And regarding sa glaring, I guess it will be minimal, if not zero, since the montero has stock projectors which gives a decent cut-off.

And yeah, don't put HID's on the high beam as this is commonly used for flashing which is really bad for HID's. Flash them often, and they break. Plus, yeah, wala siyang projectors so most likely, makakasilaw, unlike the low beam na hindi.

Goodluck. ;)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    stop na daw ang production ng quartz brown montero sport..is it true...????

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by einreb_15 View Post
    stop na daw ang production ng quartz brown montero sport..is it true...????
    When I put this question to my Casa; he just smiled.
    Well actually I asked him was if it is been discontinued because the 2011 model is about to be released.
    He admitted the 2.5 vgt SE 4x4 will be released shortly but has no idea how soon as they have not received an official internal memorandum yet.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    When I put this question to my Casa; he just smiled.
    Well actually I asked him was if it is been discontinued because the 2011 model is about to be released.
    He admitted the 2.5 vgt SE 4x4 will be released shortly but has no idea how soon as they have not received an official internal memorandum yet.

[SIZE=4]any news kailan ilalabas yung 2.5 VGT SE 4X4??[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]by january 2011kasi maglalabas kami ng montero....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]3.2 SE AT sana...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAK View Post
    [SIZE=4]any news kailan ilalabas yung 2.5 VGT SE 4X4??[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]by january 2011kasi maglalabas kami ng montero....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]3.2 SE AT sana...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    You should stop writing in colored font and centering them. It's irritating.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You should stop writing in colored font and centering them. It's irritating.

Why is that you are not irritated in the color fonts of renzo_d10? Siguro takot ka sa kanya since matagal na siya sa forum ano

If there is no violation (color fonts and put it in the center) of the rules then you should give due respect and vent out your dismay privately. If you are the kind of person who want to say what you feel on board it is your right - I respect you for that but do it consistently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Planning to buy a montero...