New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ei guys, patulong naman. may nagooffer sakin ng mitsubishi lancer el 1995. im really not familiar with cars. it wud be my first one kung sakali. ok ba un model na un? pros and cons? thnx..
    God bless you all!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to buy a car with less vintage... 1995 is a really long time ago. So unless that car has been very well maintained, you are assured that wear & tear issues with the car will come up around the engine, suspension, steering, brakes, A/C, locks, windows, rust, etc.

Maybe less than 6 or 7 years old if your budget would allow.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flame00x View Post
    ei guys, patulong naman. may nagooffer sakin ng mitsubishi lancer el 1995. im really not familiar with cars. it wud be my first one kung sakali. ok ba un model na un? pros and cons? thnx..
    God bless you all!
    hmmm. the lancer el is such a nice car. no frills so medyo madali maintenance. fuel efficient pa dahil 1.3 cc lang.

wala lang syang power windows, power locks. power steering lang ata.

if it is maintained properly by the previous owner, go for it. i think it is being sold at a range of 110-120k pesos.

and yes, beware, baka ex-taxi yan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    tnx sa mga nagreply sa post ko.. GOd bless!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There are ways to find out kung ex-taxi, interior is terrible. at that age, pag ex-taxi, washed over na, check the paints under the hood. check suspension also, also glxi's have a bit of problem on this. isama mo mga dabarkads, sakyan nyo and observe the descent. pag lumubog ng husto, check suspension. i'm not saying don't buy it, i'm saying, pag alam mo na medyo may problema, may basis ka na tumawad.

The best thing is, if you really like the car, buy it. nasa pakiramdam yan sir... i'm sure aalagaan mo yan...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    and alot at least 25-30% of your budget for unforeseen expenses, prioritize engine.

planning to buy mitsu EL 1995