New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Hi guys,I really need your help on this one.....A 99 Pajero V6 is being offered to me by a friend.....It is original left hand drive so no conversions were done and it already has the fieldmaster body.....I think it came from Dubai. What are the things that I should watch out for? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most of them (like my brother's) are from China. Dubai units have a jerry (fuel) can at the backdoor.

The engine is a close relative of the Galant's V6 engine (but in 3.0 and 3.5 form, usually SOHC but there are some DOHC units also) so parts and services aren't much of a hassle.

Differences? Rear drum brakes and rear leaf spring suspension. Surprisingly, my brother's rig rides better than mine (coil spring). Probably because he is running less agressive rubber. Brakes are powerful enough. Also the rear seatbelts are usually non-ELR (lap only) on the rear seats which may hamper instillation of a child seat in some cases.

Check the huge moonroof for leaks. The vehicle is generally bulletproof but do look for signs of abuse.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Yup, it has leaf springs.....with old man emu dampers. Has a SOHC 3.0 liter engine and a very big moonroof....at least engine parts won't be a problem.
    Rear leaf springs turned me off a bit pero if it rides better then ok lang....
    What would be the price range for a very well taken cared of one?
    ot: are you from tandang sora?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes boss dito ako sa ma-Tandang Sora. hehehe.

My brother's is also SOHC 3.0 but tonka body. Yung sa neighbor namin is blister fender (Field Master) look na. Both are green (most units that came from China are either green or white).

Price is usually a bit lower than a comparable local model of same age. But that still depends on unit condition. Try checking the prices at www.autolink.ph for reference.

Sarap niyan itakbo sa highway. Quiet like an Expedition. Btw, double-seal ang doors ng China Pajeros and mas makapal sound insulation compared to local units. The owner's manual is also in Chinese (we ordered an english manual from Canada).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    It's a good buy then depende na lang sa price.....
    From Tierra Pura or Mira nila???
    I'm from Mira nila .....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of my relatives has a similar model... 1997 with the blister fender body (China market right?). Repairs are quite straightforward although i hear fuel consumption is a their concern now and when i drive it, it goes well on the highway but it could use more torque when hitting the mountain roads.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nabenta ko na yong sakin morethen a year na its a 97Model white, sunroof, a/t V6 engine. for only 680T kasi matatag sa rear seats kasi nga leafspring. Gas consumption 4.5 to 5KM/LT. Yon lang complain ko matatag talaga sa rear seats.
    BTW, Rancho shock yon unit ko matagtag parin. I know a friend who is selling his China version very fresh coilspring na yong rear suspension. PM me if you want to know about this.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matagtag ba? I like riding it more than my Pajero. hehehe. Mas smooth pa dun sa Fortuner media unit na inuwi ko a few months back.

Cooper Courser nga pala ang gulong niya. 31x10.5R15.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sorry to disagree w/ you baka magkaiba lang siguro tyo ng pakiramdam, for me kasing tagtag sya ng Innova ko na problematic.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Hmm,this is a 99 model and he's selling for 800thou. Very fresh and it has old man emu dampers at the rear,maybe to minimize harshness in ride. Original everything including the ralliart mags. Still have'nt seen the unit,i'll take a look at it this saturday. Thanks for your replies guys. Oh,I'll update you guys after I see and drive the unit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
PajeroV6???