New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I bought my ride at Autotechnica along commonwealth avenue in fairview qc last weekend to avail some of their promo, free alignment, brake and suspension check. Kinunsulta ko na rin yung problema ko sa steering. Medyo out-of-control kasi ang steering when I'm running above 80kph, nakatakot, there is too much play on steering wheel and you can feel this even when engine is shut-off, Ok naman ang preload ng gear box at walang naman problema sa mga bushing, tie rods and pitman arm etc. They traced my problem on loose/play of the "joint assembly" this is the link between the steering column and gearbox. It looks like a tube with axle on both ends at medyo malaki nga ang play ng tube from the axle when you rotate the tube with your hand.

Kailangan daw ibaba ang buong steering assembly to diagnose kung may ibang problema. The joint assembly cost 10.3K sa eldorado.

Is somebody experience replacing this part?
    Ok lang kaya na bumiling ng surplus joint assembly sa banawe o sa pampanga. Advise naman po.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i almost have the same problem as yours except that i only feel it at speeds of 100kph and above. i thought it was the joint assembly as you described except that there was no play.

ok naman ang surplus piliin mo lang mabuti. maganda may kasama kang trusted mechanic sa pagpili.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks RAM.. Mukhang nag-iisa ako na may ganitong problema.. huhuhu.. Balitaan ko na lang kayo ng mga susunod na pangyayari..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Field Master

methinks 2 na tayo. does yours have a knocking sound that comes and goes?
    said sound comes up on any road surface regardless of turining or going straight-NAKAKA IRITA!!!

buti ka pa na diagnose mabuti...
    i ended up spending 6k on ball joints and bushings and STILL had the play and knocking sound

the play was solved by servitek adjusting something in front-wish i could tell u the part

(ala yung haynes ko nasama sa school bag ng anak ko to show his teacher what i let him read...LOLOLO)

halos ganun din and diagnosis sa akin pull down steering assembly

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woodfire bought the whole steering column assembly from Apalit for Php 11K ata.

My Pajero exhibits the same symptoms. But I'm already expecting that since I use the vehicle off-road and I'm running 33" tires.

I brought my vehicle to Robert Ong's shop (Motorcraft) in Banawe. The idler and pitman arm were replaced. They also have one of the best alignment technicians there. Ok na yung Pajero ngayon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    di rin kayo nag-iisa. yung pajero ng company namin ganyan na din ang mga simtomas. i told admin. to have the car checked & repaired. nakakatakot dalhin at baka mawala sa kamay mo ang manibela not to mention it is tiring to drive because you exert more effort in holding the steering wheel. madalas kasing dalhin ito sa quezon province kung saan masama ang daan.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Sakit ng Pjero yan, i had the 2nd and 3rd Gen ng pajero dati, both of them mahirap i align and mabilis mag play yun steering wheel.

If yun Spline and yolk lang ang prob nun syo better have it changed asap. Surplus parts will do basta dapat walang play when you twist the 2 shafts at opposite directions. Either that or you xjoint ang may prob if may xjoint yun steering shaft mo. Masama if ang may prob is yun mismong Gear Box. ok lang pagawa sa shops yan basta TELL them na if d nawala yun problem sagot nila na palitan or ayusin. Yun iba kse after repairing everything and andun pa din yun sakit madaming RASON/REASON ang ibibigay syo... alam mo na>..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by snyc3
    Sakit ng Pjero yan, i had the 2nd and 3rd Gen ng pajero dati, both of them mahirap i align and mabilis mag play yun steering wheel.

If yun Spline and yolk lang ang prob nun syo better have it changed asap. Surplus parts will do basta dapat walang play when you twist the 2 shafts at opposite directions. Either that or you xjoint ang may prob if may xjoint yun steering shaft mo. Masama if ang may prob is yun mismong Gear Box. ok lang pagawa sa shops yan basta TELL them na if d nawala yun problem sagot nila na palitan or ayusin. Yun iba kse after repairing everything and andun pa din yun sakit madaming RASON/REASON ang ibibigay syo... alam mo na>..
    dinala na sa casa yung pajero pero ganun pa rin. anyway, i will be specific this time as to what will be replaced. buti na lang gastos ng company.

Pajero Wayward Steering