New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pardon my ignorance... meron lang po akong itatanong tungkol sa auto ko ngayon... 02 Pajero, 8 months old, 15000 kms. I've read a few threads and I'd like to confirm if I've understood correctly:

1. Is this what they call the blister type? Ano naman yung tonka?

2. Para mabawasan yung tagtag, nabasa ko na
    a. gamitan ng bilstein shocks - or is this for another purpose? Will this
    affect the suspension control in the cockpit (yung soft-medium-hard)
    Are RS9000 and Old Man Emu good alternatives?
    b. palitan yung AT tires ng HT
    c. what else can I do?

3. For better performance and emissions
    a. fully synthetic oil - ok na ba yung in-house ng Mitsubishi
    b. fuel - pareho lang shell and petron diesels

4. Kung papalitan ang mags, puede bang ilipat yung sensor/transmitter
    nung tire pressure monitoring system (nakakabit sa rims)?

#2 & #4 baka gawin ko pag lapsed na yung warranty, #3 this weekend when I bring it in for PM

Tingin ko maraming matututunan dito :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi there!

Yung sayo blister type. Yung merong plastic fenders yun yung tonka.

Im not sure what would happen if you change your shocks since cockpit adjustable yung stock mo. Try setting it to the softest na lang siguro. You can also change to softer coils or t-bars to improve ride.

HTs ride better on-road. You can also select "not too aggressvie" AT tires like Dunlop's Grandtrek AT2.

Ok yung synthetic ng mitsu but its expensive. You can try Petron's REVx - All terrain.

Im not sure lang sa number 4.

hth

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rock,

1. Tonka is the body that came before. Although pareho tayong GEN II, Tonka ang akin at blister ang sa iyo. Same basic chassis pa din silang dalawa.

2. a. If you change shocks, the in-cab controls won't work anymore. KYB makes the OEM shocks. You can move up to the more expensive (but non adjustable) KYB models if you're on a budget or get Bilsteins if you have the resources. Ranchos on big porky trucks like the Pajero have been getting mixed reviews. Seems that they have trouble with the Pajeros weight since the Pajero is a very heavy vehicle for its class (fully boxed frame, etc. kasi).

b. I'm riding on Michelin LTX A/T tires but the ride is tolerable. Dueler H/T's are known for their unspectacular performance. They are not as tough as their A/T counterpart.

c. You can always play around with your tire pressure.

3. a. I'm not really a fan of fully synthetic due to economic reasons. I like mineral based because it allows for more frequent oil changes (hence, laging fresh ang langis ng makina).

b. I'm using Petron (cheapest fuel in my area).

4. I'm not sure if nasa rims ang sensor. But the units with TPMS and without TPMS use the same basic wheel. So if may sensor nga, then pwede siguro ilipat iyon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sirs PajKid and Otep, maraming salamat! Enlightening inputs. I'll begin window shopping for coils, t-bars, and HTs, and see how I should plan my finances. Pag-isipan kong mabuti yung sa oil, mukha ngang hindi ako kukuha ng in-house synthetic ng Mitsu.

Ingat...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matagtag ba talaga ang ride mo? even if you set it in 'soft'?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matagtag ba talaga ang ride mo? even if you set it in 'soft'? matagtag ba talaga ang ride mo? even if you set it in 'soft'?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Like what sir Otep had said yours: blister fender and their: tonka.

2. a. I would suggest sticking with your OEm shocks since changing them would void your vehicle warranty.
    b. I agree with sir Otep though with my tires (same as yours) ok naman
    performance.
    c. Nothing unless you want to void your warranty.

3. a. Fully-synthetics are better than mineral but it busts the budget. Mitsu's Turbo XP
    is one of the best synthetics in the market. If you can afford it then go for it.
    b. This is subjective. From my experience all fuels are almost the same. I choose the
    cheapest one along my daily route.

4. The tire pressure sensor is designed onlyfor your OEM wheels. I asked a mitsu tech
    once sabi di daw pwede ilipat.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung ride ng Pajero is more of "busy" rather than matagtag. Ramdam ang road imperfections pero nothing harsh naman.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    imo. mas harsh pa nga ang ride ng partol..sasakit ulo mo..hehe..

hwag ka na muna magpalit ng shocks..bago pa yan..sayang warranty mo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think that you should wait till your warranty expires saka mo palitan ung mga shocks mo. Set mo sa soft setting, kaya lang during hard breaking mag nose dive ka at malakas sway sa higher speed cornering.

Play with your tire pressure and iwas ka na lang sa mga imperfections ng kalsada natin.

Ako by 5t kms nag synthetic na, pero planning also to go back sa mineral, mahal at gusto ko na frequent change oil.

Ung TPMS di ko alam kung pwede ilipat. Ung sa akin nung magrotate ng tires, nalito ako at nagkapalit ung F and R dun sa tinitingnan ko sa dashboard...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pajero questions