New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Question lang sa mga diesel guru's. Maybe you could help us (wife and I) decide. We are considering getting the Limited Edition ( 1.57 + around 50K insurance). Or wait a few months for the Gen III which they saw will cost around 2.4- 2.6. We don't actually have that much money, we will just get a loan. My concern is, is it still advisable to buy the L.E. pajero considering that it is quite old. (When did the GenII come out?) In a few months when the GenIII comes out luma agad ang Pajero mo lugi agad ang investment mo. Appreciate your input on our predicament.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung kakayanin ng budget and gusto mong magtagal ang vehicle at ok pa ang resale value by the time you will dispose it, get the gen3. since the gen2.5 is not 4x4, hindi na gaanong kataasan ang resale value nyan after the release of gen3.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm interesting, kasi i buy cars within my budget only,
    mahirap kasi sa loan, lalo na ngayon mahirap din ang buhay dapat liquidated ka.

also, cars in general are not investment, the minute you step out of the car lot 20% agad ang depreciation.

also, pajeros dont lack luster naman kahit nga ngayon ok pa rin ang gen 1 kasi status symbol na sa atin ang pajero.

now if you plan take the LE pajero on paved roads only, why not, lalo na ngayon loaded sa gizmos yan, pero if you like the sight of mud, think again.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    di ba bababa pa price ng Gen 2 pajero pag lumabas ng yung Gen. 3? Baka mas magandang time yun para bumili ng Gen 2.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wait na lang for the GEN III to come out as mauler has said. For sure may matitirang mga 'latak' sa planta which they will sell at fire-sale prices. Ganun strategy namin sa pagbili ng sasakyan dito sa bahay, eh. Hehehe. Hindi ka pa gaano lugi kasi mura lang. Wala naman kaming pakialam kung latest o hindi. Basta useful.

GEN II came out in 1991, I think (tonka). Yung blister fender 1998 ba? Hindi ko sure. Pero yung basic vehicle, 1991 lumabas iyan.

Yun nga lang hindi siya 4X4. Kaya nakakalungkot. I would rather forego all the gimmicks and gadgets in favor of a second shift lever.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can afford the Gen 3 Pajero then by all means it's the best option. If not then the current gen 2.5 would still be ok.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paul1,

If you can afford it, go for it!

I think out of the question na yung 4X2 na Gen2. True, it still has the looks but so does the Gen3. Besides, wouldnt you want a 185hp diesel engine in a modern, lighter body? I would. Kung road car lang and walang offroading involved, oks na oks ito. If rumours are to be believed, then the 2M pricetag will also give you two more driven wheels... factors which i think make up for the price diff. And dont be afraid of the IRS, its based on the Pajero Evolution. Im sure no one is crazy (or rich) enough to bring one to the trails anyway.

But also, heed the guy's suggestions on getting the Gen2.5 After the gen3 has arrived. Pero with the price diff between the two models, i doubt kung bababa pa yung price ng Gen2. After all a pajero is a pajero. Nakatatak na sa utak ng pinoy yan! Which translates to good resale value.

You can find other thoughts in the thread linked below.

related thread

Goodluck with your happy dillema! :D
    Last edited by pajerokid; September 8th, 2003 at 08:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the inputs. Ang sabi ng dealer yung gen 3 daw mga October pa and it will come out in two variants. A 3.2L V6 gas for 2.4M and a 3.0L 4 cyl for 2.6M. Pero if we want to get the Gen 2 LE dapat with in this week kasi tataas ang price ng 205K (from 1.57M). Hirap mag-decide. Thanks again!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Temporary lang ang price hike niyan. After the GEN III is released, it will fall like a rock from the sky. hehehe.

Hmmm...3.0L 4cyl? Wala atang ganung makina ang Mitsubishi para sa Pajero ha. Ewan ko lang. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paul1, ano raw yung 3.0L? Hindi ba 3.2L diesel? and 4x4 raw ba? :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
pajero question