New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    1. Does anyone know where I may buy clip-on headrests or have one fabricated for the 3rd row seats? I need two headrests.
    2. Does anyone re-map or sell piggyback tuning boxes for the 4m41 diesel engine?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, seatmate can make headrests for that. Not clip on, but stab-in just like the original.

Try Autotechnika, I think JQP mentioned that they had piggybacks for ECU equipped diesels.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Tep

Thanks for quick referals. Do you have their contact names, tel.nos. and addresses so I can inquire?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try to PM torque, he works for Autotechnika. Si JQP nasa Land Rover na ata ngayon.

Sorry, wala ko number ni Seatmate at the moment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just reviving an old thread ... any other gen 3 owners out there?

I noticed that the gen 3 is sluggish below 2000rpm. Seems the turbo kicks in only at 2000rpm. Anyone done any mods (e.g. suspension, brakes, re-map, exhaust, etc.)?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdi View Post
    Just reviving an old thread ... any other gen 3 owners out there?

I noticed that the gen 3 is sluggish below 2000rpm. Seems the turbo kicks in only at 2000rpm. Anyone done any mods (e.g. suspension, brakes, re-map, exhaust, etc.)?
    Hello, I have a 2005 gen 3 did, medyo sluggish nga below 2000 rpm but above that whoa!! you can really feel the acceleration. I also installed a piggyback ecu last november, (pbox plug and play chip) bought it from autotechnika for php45,000. I didn't do a dyno test after the installation but my dyno butt tells me that the power improved tremendously, the only drawback that I saw is the presence of black smoke whenever I press the pedal hard to accelerate, fuel consumption remains almost the same. I get around 8-8.5 km/liter(light foot)city driving.

I've already logged 25,000 kms and so far I didn't encounter any problems yet, only minor ones( rattling on the pillar) na mabilis namang naayos ng dealer.

Anu ano na nagawa mong mods?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That's great. What's the brand of the ecu and where is it made? Is it adjustable? Did it improve throttle response below 2000rpm

I have a 2006 Gen3 with around 3k+ kms. I am getting 7-7.5km/l in city driving (rarely revving beyond 2k rpm). However provincial runs easily gets 9-10 km/l. Only mod so far is putting in 20 inch mags&tires. I am seriously considering the chip upgrade and putting headrests in the 3rd row seats. Which dealer do you go for service?

Hope to hear from more owners so we can share notes.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    That's great. What's the brand of the ecu and where is it made? Is it adjustable? Did it improve throttle response below 2000rpm

I have a 2006 Gen3 with around 3k+ kms. I am getting 7-7.5km/l in city driving (rarely revving beyond 2k rpm). However provincial runs easily gets 9-10 km/l. Only mod so far is putting in 20 inch mags&tires. I am seriously considering the chip upgrade and putting headrests in the 3rd row seats. Which dealer do you go for service?

Hope to hear from more owners so we can share notes.
    Your fuel consumption should improve after the 10,000 km PMS. I go to diamond motors quezon ave for service. Can you post a pic of your gen 3 with your 20 inch mags? How do you find the ride after upgrading your mags? mas matagtag ba?

Here's the link of the pbox chip....

http://www.steinbauer.cc/

It's adjustable and yes the throttle response improved. It's made in austria pero inorder yata nila sa UK. Iba iba kasi ang presyo, mas mahal pag sa australia inorder.

By the way, naka HID na ba yung gen 3 mo? if so, ok naman ba? I'm planning to upgrade my headlamps to HID kasi kaso lang wala akong mahanap na projector lamp eh.
    Last edited by bolantoy; January 18th, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yes, ride is definitely stiffer but for me liveable (it would be worse if you went 22s; I would not recommend that since driveability will really suffer). Slight degradation in acceleration and braking ... but very very slight. Mine came with the factory HID but it is not in a projector housing. I have been looking for a projector housing but I do not think they have already.

Will post pic when i get a picture taken. Was there a big difference at 10K PMS? Or is there a factory limiter to ensure break-in?

Thanks for the link.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yes, ride is definitely stiffer but for me liveable (it would be worse if you went 22s; I would not recommend that since driveability will really suffer). Slight degradation in acceleration and braking ... but very very slight. Mine came with the factory HID but it is not in a projector housing. I have been looking for a projector housing but I do not think they have already.

Will post pic when i get a picture taken. Was there a big difference at 10K PMS? Or is there a factory limiter to ensure break-in?

Thanks for the link.
    I don't know if there's a factory limiter or not, but fuel consumption improved after the 10K PMS, lahat yata ng car ganun eh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pajero Gen 3 Queries