New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what is pajero fording depth for all models?
    curious lang ko

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ideally, all vehicles should ford water 1/4 of its tire diameter. Anything higher than that will cause brake fade after getting the brakes wet.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    also be careful when you bring your pajero into deep water. The lower part of the front grill of gen 2 and 2.5 has a small aux. fan for the aircon. If its gets wet often it may fail and if your going to replace it, very costly.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    According to the manual, it is about a foot or so of standing water. That of course is a conservative figure to avoid litigation in some law-suit happy markets.

Here is a more real world approximation of a Pajero's fording depth :

You shoul see how deep afrasay went in his GEN I (clue: lumubog ang taillamps).

P.S. My lower aux fan did malfunction after a few dunks. It costs about Php 400.00 to get it running again.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir otep great shot.

toys for the big boys.......

gen 1 pajero turbo namin tumirik sa village lang namin. mga door handle height. less than a year old palang siya . mula noon natakot na ako sa tubig. sabi ng driver namin lumutang daw then nagsink sa gitna. sa window na siya lumabas bittbit yung stereo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    door handle? eh ang taas na nun..baka napasukan na ng tubig ung makina. yan lang ang kinakatakutan ko...hwag sana mangyari sakin..hehehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    kiper na overhaul siya agad. warning nalang sa street flooding, I'm not sure kung totoo pero ang iniinsist ng driver. nakapreno daw siya pero nagfloat naraw yung kotse hangggang pinasok ng tubig tsaka lumubog. kaya napunta sa ganun kalalim.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep, wat silbi nung aux fan? connected ba yun sa aircon, if so, then mine myt be malfunctioning kc minsan lamig aircon, minsan hindi. wat u think?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, just turn off the a/c before, during and a little while after fording para hindi masira. Our old GEN I has done a headlamp deep bow wave. Actual standing water depth was above the bumpers. May patient kasi sa ospital. Kailangan makarating even in the middle of a typhoon.

KC,

Dalawa yun. The one behind the grille keeps airflow to the condenser to keep the aircon cool when stuck in traffic.

I think the other one (the one inside the bumper) functions the same. Pero sabi ng a/c tech ko, it also serves to avoid getting the a/c lines frozen. If the lines are frozen, the refrigerant will not circulate and the a/c will not cool. This could also lead to a high pressure build up which in turn could cause your a/c lines or cooling coil to spring a leak.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    so i guess the best way to find out is to stand first in the water before fording it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
pajero fording depth