New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hi There,

I'm helping my father-in-law to fix his Pajero since their driver somehow messed it up.

Below are some of the issues that i need to address and I hope the Pajero experts can give me advice.

Pajero 1996 2500cc

1. they recently replaced the release bearing and some other parts of the clutch. i suspect the mechanic didn't return the transmission properly.. because right now if you switch the 4x4 gear from 2 wheel to 4x4, the 4x4 led with C/D blinks in the dashboard and doesn't stop. and when you move the gear from 4x4 to 4x4 with C/D, the car feels so heavy just like the handbreak is on. what could be the problem?

2. I noticed that the idling is high specially if you turn on the aircon, it reaches pass 1rpm.

Can you recommend a good shop or mechanic that is not so expensive.

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    best bet is to bring it to joseph our resident pajero expert

here's his contact # 822 3993

his place is at multi national village

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    thanks for the post.. does joseph has a shop?

multi national village is a bit far from us.. but i'd like to visit him one of this days..

any other shops just incase? the one in manila area or banawe?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    quezon city: go to ERL MOTORWERX c/o Ernie Lorenzo (Benitez Street, Horseshoe Village, Q.C., tel # 413-3911).

ERL is the one maintaining my customized Pajero.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    motorcraft sa banawe. luk for robert 7113221 or 4148633

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by the_possessed
    ... and when you move the gear from 4x4 to 4x4 with C/D, the car feels so heavy just like the handbreak is on. what could be the problem?

It could be a normal binding effect. 4x4 with center differential locked should be tested in a dirtroad.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The blinking front wheel icons could either be a vacum, solenoid or sensor failure. As has been mentioned check all the hoses. The solenoids are located on the firewall near the passenger side (on the inner fender).

4x4 with the C/D locked will tend to feel heavy because there is greater mechanical resistance and 'binding' effect.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for all your responses.

it's been very informative.

i'll have a mechanic check it out

thanks!!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    good day everyone. I have a Mitsubishi Pajero II (diesel, 1993) and I have a problem with its overdrive. Its not functioning at all. Can anyone help me how to power up the overdrive directly? the O/D light indicator in the dash board is functioning but no response in the transmission....

Has anyone had the same problem with overdrive? May I ask for some advice/recommendations? Thanks in advance! BTW my pajero is subic unit. 4M40 turbo 2.8 engine

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Mga kapatid kinakailangan ko ng tulong we are deciding whether we get isuzu crosswind 2007 or mitsubishi pajero 2001, I think it is super exceed, they have identical prices. my personal pick is mitsubishi pajero but I have doubts on its maintenance cost. does the pajero cost much when it comes to maintenance?

thanks. I am new to tsikot.

Pajero Experts! Need Your Help!