New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    guys, its me agian. i think i have solved my mileage issue and so i will concentrate on my speed versus rpm issue now.

facts:

- pajero 2.5 liter tdic local 1997 model
    - 87,000 kms, just replaced timing belt and water pump and fuel filter dahil i just bought it used.
    - on a level stretch, in fifth gear, my rpm is at 3000 but my speed is only ranging from 86 to 87 kmh.

i gathered from previous replies that this is too low. speed should be in the 100 kmh region.

what should i have my shop look at? i need your help kasi i live in gen. santos city and wala masyadong diesel experts dito.

thanks,

andy

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is that your top speed? Mabagal nga yang speed on 5th gear, *3,000 you should be above 100km/h.

Kasasabi mo lang you have just replaced the timing belt, baka nag skip ng isang slot? Or injection pump strainer needs cleaning?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas singit ako...pano malaman kung nag skip yung belt? Sa gasolina di ba may timing light puwede pang check, sa diesel pano?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you may have a slipping clutch. or the speedo cable is worn or since you mentioned na second hand ang car mo they might have tinkered with the mileage and did not return correctly the speedo cable. try to get a friend in another car and check the speed with his speedo if you have the same reading.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks for the replies guys. as for the speedo, may handheld gps ako, try ko bukas.

slipping clutch, i am having them check it right now.

timing belt skipped a notch, naku, diba malaking trabaho and buksan ang timing belt? or is it just when you replace it lang? matanong ko nga sa mitsubishi ngayuon to check the timing belt. pero nung di pa pinalitan ang timing belt, ganun na rin ang rpm verus speed ratio niya.

injection pump strainer needs cleaning, inform ko rin and mitsubishi to check this out. nasa shop naman ang truck ko ngayon.

thanks for all the replies guys, if you have any more thoughts on this, please reply lang.

ddaghang salamat.

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajeros from 1993 up have electronic speedometers...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pajerokid, does that mean that the speedo can't be the problem?

andy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not necessarily. There could be a problem with the sending unit but i highly doubt this.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinapapost po ni DOC DIESEL. He's currently having problems logging in daw and posting sa forums.

DOC Diesel says:
    "i can't post, log in etc. if i log in, it somehow disappears when browsing the messages".

Originally posted by luckytruck
    what should i have my shop look at? i need your help kasi i live in gen. santos city and wala masyadong diesel experts dito.

thanks,

andy
    if you haven't been to Betan Calibration in Gensan, then you wouldn't say there's no diesel experts in your town. I am confident that we are the only shop capable of doing OEM repairs for Mitsubishi cars in Gensan. I know a lot of fly by night shops in Gensan. Ask the people in Kar Asia Davao...you can go to Davao too if you want since we have a bigger shop there..

Doc Diesel

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by frt
    Ungas singit ako...pano malaman kung nag skip yung belt? Sa gasolina di ba may timing light puwede pang check, sa diesel pano?
    May mga gatla o tuldok ang timing pulleys or gears. Itatama ito ng pantay sa tuldok o palatandaan na butas din o gatla sa block. Madaling makita pag lumihis ng isang notch ang pulleys, hindi na pantay ito. :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
pajero/Diesel experts, pls help me w my speed vs rpm issue