New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try to pump the pump primer in the morning before starting, and observe if still the same. if you had your lines bled the day before and there are air leaks there will still be air during the overnight sleep. but if you had it bled in the morning before starting and its still there there must be something else that is wrong.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sir ARB,

We bled the system before starting yesterday.

I even poured in some diesel treatment / fuel injector cleaner additive to the fule the day before.

But this morning still the same.

I also noticed some loss in power na rin in acceleration, parang matigas yun pedal and hirap pero slowly it still reaches 100+ pa rin naman.

Could it be the injection?

Thanks man

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Promdiboy,

I used mitsubishi fuel injection additive na rin.

And I bought cetane booster na rin. pero ganun pa rin.

Levi,

My glow plugs have been checked na rin sa motorix. December lang sya napalitan all orig. I think I have to recheck it again with another shop just to be sure.

Thanks...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pajerokid,

The problem with my ride is the more you step on the gas mas mamamatay yun engine.

After 2 to 3 clicks the start then strong vibration sa engine. Normal na sya idling at 800

I really cannot understand whats wrong with this car. HELP

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isa pong naisip ko yung fuel filter indicator assembly sa ilalim. Either maluwag ito, loose thread at pinapasukan ng hangin ang fuel line. Subukan nyo po kayang lagyan ng teflon tape yung tread baka sakaling magawan ng madaliang solusyon.

One way to check kung may air leak sa ilalim ay lagyan ng bula.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by lancelot
    Pajerokid,

The problem with my ride is the more you step on the gas mas mamamatay yun engine.

After 2 to 3 clicks the start then strong vibration sa engine. Normal na sya idling at 800

I really cannot understand whats wrong with this car. HELP
    Ganyan din akin. Do you experience lots of white smoke when you start? Medyo nabawasan lang sa akin if I put to ON my key then wait for my light switch to turn off ( Glow plug indicator ) then start my engine. My engine easily start but I have to step on the gas pedal agad so the engine wont die. I also experienced the engine vibration. Whenever the engine dies, sa second start papalya if you step on the gas. Weird talaga and hard to solve.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    LEVI,

After you installed the switch of the glow plugs, nawala ba yun vibration sa engine? BEfore this happened 1 click lang start ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    The purpose of the switch is to able to turn off manually ang glow plug after starting. Medyo matagal kasi mag off kaya mabilis masira. Ang ginamit ko na switch yung may ilaw so I can see kung ON or OFF. It was connected to the glow plug relay. When cold starting, I turn On the switch then wait for the switch light to turn OFF before starting the engine. Once nag start ang engine mag On automatically ang light sa switch and will stay ON ng matagal so you have to to turn it OFF manually. Pag mainit na engine kahit ilagay mo sa ON position ang switch hindi na umilaw because cutoff na ng sending unit. Pag medyo lumamig naman kahit nasa OFF ang switch may bypass ata ang relay kaya nag on during starting but truns off after starting. Pag pinainit ko muna glow plugs one click na and no vibration but I still have the problem na the idling drops and namatay ang engine. If that happen medyo mahirapan ka na mag start. Pag start dapat apakan ko Gas ng mga 1500 rpm till mag init or choke ko, basta dapat mataas na rev para wag mamatay. Paguminit normal na lahat. Pagmalamig pa pinaandar mo na kotse doon mo talaga marinig yung vibration and magaspang ang andar ng makina.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Levi,

Thanks for the tip.

I just had my glow plugs checked all 4 are still ok. Orig.

Before this happened kasi, one click lang and no need to step on the gas hindi ganun kalakas yun vibration at 850 rpm.

I also changed all filters oil, fuel, air and still ganun pa rin.

A friend of mine who knows about calibration thinks may problem daw with one of the valves sa injection. Dapat daw buksan.

Thanks....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Pinasok ko sa Citimotors yung car ko for the periodic maintenace. I told them about my problem and they said they have to pull down the tank. Pag hindi pa makuha baka I need calibration na. Saan ba OK dahil medyo sobrang mahal sa kanila.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Pajero 4M40 Cold Start