New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    sirs,

what should be the idling behavior upon first start ng 4m40 sa umaga, will it start on a high rpm then gradually go lower as it heats up?

i never really noticed until kanina, nagpa 30k check-up ako kahapon and i noticed this morning na kabaligtaran ang nangyari. nagstart sya at low rpm like around 6000 to 6500 then umangat after awhile.

what you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sumobra yata yung zero? Lampas na yan sa redline ng diesel engines usually at 4200 mark. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir, 6000-6500 rpm??? Baka 650? Redline na ata yung 6000 eh.

I haven't really noticed myself. Check ko mamaya.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    What's a good time to consider calibration or change of glow plugs or injectors? Will any of these improve fuel consumption?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    hehe sori, sumobra nga ng 0, my bad.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ganun pa rin ang nangyari sa pag start ko today. parang ang baba ng idling rpm ko, mga 850 yata yun.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ARB,

I had my fuel lines checked yesterday. I had the Fuel Filter Bled (tama ba?) And upon starting this morning ganun pa rin.

What can be the cause? Injection? Saan ko pwede pa check ito.

And iniisip ko lang kung injector dapat hirap na sya sa daytime pero during mornings lang.

Help!!!

TY

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I have the same problem with my Gen 2.5. When I start in the morning normal for a few seconds then mag drop ang idling so I have to rev the engine ng mga 1500 to 2000 till mag init. Pagnamatayan ka bago maginit, mahirapan ka na mag start. My glow plugs are only a few weeks old and I already installed a manual switch to turn off the plugs after starting. According to a mechanic of mitsubishi, the reason nasisira ang plugs agad because matagal mag auto off. Im using a switch with light so I know if the plugs are on or off. To make it start without misfiring, I have to turn on the plugs then I have to wait for the plugs to turn off ( switch light ) before I start the engine. Medyo nakakaasar dumadami ang seremonya every morning lalo na kung iba ang gagamit ng kotse. Namamatayan sila.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    that's bad news sa ating mga naka 4m40 engine. sa umaga ang problem. why not try using thinner oil like 5w-30, and diesel booster from petron. 44 pesos lang naman isa, every full tank. bboth can help sa cold starts, yan ang gamit ko. I know di siya solution, pero malay mo mapadali ang warm up ng engine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank God mine's not like that. Have you tried using the manual choke in the morning?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Pajero 4M40 Cold Start