New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    What's your experience with the pajero 2.5 TDIC model?

1. Timing Belt. 60K lang palit na? That's what Mitsu advises. Pero sa toyota, Mazda, and Nissan, 100K sila. Mitsu changes timing belt more often? Bakit, less durable?

2. Alignment. When I had my unit aligned, nireklamo ko after a few weeks pa lang kasi parang misaligned. Pagkaback job, tinanong ko ang nag align, sabi nila ang pajero mas madali ma-misalign sa mga kotseng nagpapa align. Ganun ba?

3. Back pressure. Loose compression na raw that's why lumalabas na ang engine oil sa breather, at nung binuksan ang engine cap, may back pressure na nga. 72K pa ang mileage, although duda ko kinalikot na ng previous owner yung odometer niya, maybe by 50K. How much kms ang experience ninyo bago mag loose compression na ang 4d56TDIC ninyo?

4. Front suspension. Had it changed when my odometer read mga 60K. Sabi ng Mitsu, ganun daw talaga, may units nga sila na pagka 50K or so, halos palit na raw ang tie-rod end, shocks, pitman arm, etc. etc.

5. Power Antenna. Mabilis din daw masira ito. Maybe after 4 years, may pajero bumibigay na ang power antenna.

Are there any other repairs not mentioned here that you have experienced as well?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) If you follow the casa's schedule, talaga sigurong 60K palit na. But timing belts can be changed at 100k km intervals. Ako, as needed lang. madali lang naman inspect yan e. just remove the plastic cover.

2) Not true.

3) An abused 4D56 can have that effect. Yung sakin, ganyan pa rin. what i did was remove the PCV hose going to the intake plasitic pipe, that way, the oil is not fed back to the turbo. as long as hindi noticeable yung decrease in engine oil (check thru dipstick), i guess its okay.

4) Im not really sure. I changed all of those parts and tumatagal naman. I guess the guy you were asking just really needed to seel you parts hehehe matibay po na suv yang Pajero, lalo na kung onroad lang ang gamit.

5) I replaced mine already, but you only have to replace the central rod and plastic rack = P500, you dont have to replace the whole antenna assemby (P3500+). Yung radio ko, when powered on, doesnt raise the antenna. pag ginamitan ko lang ng switch, tsaka lang siya taas.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    timing belt replaced nung nag overhaul. 110th kms. alignment pag bumibili ng baong tires lang 50th kms. napansin ko lang parang malaki ang turning radius. oil sa breather di ko napapansin. power antena napalitan na twice yung antena lang. sumabit sa puno yung isa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Timing Belt :It is the DEALER that stipulates that the timing belt be changed at 60k kms. not the MANUFACTURER. There is a difference in that. The dealer maintenance schedule is usually jampacked with lots of unecessary stuff so that they can charge you more more frequently. 100k kms ang manufacturer recommended interval para sa timing belt. Even at that mileage, the belts are still in good physical condition. Precautionary measure lang ang 100k. The belt will last more than that.

2. Alignment :The Pajero rides on truck tires so do not expect it to track down the road like a sedan. That being said, a Pajero is not easy to misalign. The front suspension is quite strong. I have not had an alignment ever since I got my Pajero in 2k1. And in that span of time I have travelled thousands of kilometers already. I have been to lahar country, I have climbed the second highest peak in Luzon and I have even made my Pajero jump. But it still tracks 'pretty' straight. Not as perfect as my brother's Sentra but still pretty good nonetheless.

3. Backpressure :Ganyan din ang sa akin. Don't get too concerned about it. As long as you have good power, good fuel economy and you are passing emissions then that is good enough. Even my other diesels did that back pressure thingie (the Benz and the Kia).

4. Front suspension : The front suspension is very strong as KCboy, pajerokid, otomatic and I have proven in our off-road fiascos. The problem with a lot of shops is they are too lazy to track down the source of the problem. When I had some front end noises, most shops I went to just wanted to change everything from the tie rod to the shocks. I took it to GlennSter's shop and all it needed was some new ball joints, front shocks and an idler arm (actually even just an idler arm bushing).

5. Power antenna : My '96 and my father's '97 are still on their original antennas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with what otep said....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    maraming salamat sa mga sagot ninyo. But to be honest, lalo lang ako nalilito, especially in the loose compression part. Ang original problem ko was after only 4K mileage from the previous change oil, minimum or below na ang reading ng dipstick ko. The shop asked me to engine wash it and run the car another week to see where the leak is. Ayun, sa may breather daw. After checking, ayun, may back pressure daw when the engine is running and the engine oil cap is removed. That oil level drop I've noticed mga dalawang change oil na. Yung fuego ko kasi, halos di gumalaw ang oil level based dipstick after 5K.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    altec,
    the guys are all right, dont be confused with the notion that when there's oil coming out of the oil cap, loose compression na. normal yon kc overhead cam yan. Syempre moving part yan kaya tatalsik ang oil talaga diyan. Ang pag check ng compression ay compression tester. yon ang pinaka acurate. Timing belt must be replace on 100K, pinagkakakitaan lang ng kasa. ang tanong diyan hindi ba tampered ang speedo mo? madali lang check ang timing belt, kc the upper timing belt cover is easily accessible.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ok. What about yung oil level as per dipstick. Is it normal bababa ganun kalaki? Kasi nga yung fuego ko at 5K to the next change oil, halos di gumalaw ang dipstick level niya.

pajero 2.5tdic repair track record