New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    US Version - Montero V6

Dubai Version - Pajero V6

External look is a bit difficult to determine as everything can be altered including the V6 front grille chrome badge.

250k * 88k mileage? haggle the price till you get really close to 200k . If I were to get an SUV, I'd still get a gas version.

US monteros are easy to spot because they have the black side mirrors, fully amber signal lights, clear backup bumper lights, black rear bumpers and the black frames for the tail lights. that's the original US montero, not the rebadged ones.

Dubai pajero versions are just about the same externally as the local pjeros. the difference will be interior and engines specs.

after seeing the picture of the unit and considering it ain't a converted unit, 200 to 230k is a very good deal already. just bargain with the seller and tell him that it really has lousy fuel consumption.
    Last edited by KCboy; October 1st, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes indeed sir :thumbup:

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I was able to deal the unit at 220T... may kasama na pala SUB at sound set-up na pala.... I drove it kanina, pindala ko sa shop for tune-up.. Aircon is great...

mileage is 65T lang pala.. engine is 4g54.. Wala din cya 3rd seats kasi malaki ang sub sa likod (2 subs in a box - customized)... When we lifted the pajero, naka- OLD EMU SHOCKS na pala...

The shop said....

1. CHANGE OIL and OIL FILTER
    2. CHANGE AIR FILTER
    3. CHANGE GEAR OIL
    4. REPLACE CONTACT POINT
    5. REPLACE SPARK PLUG to PLATINUM Type (mas maganda daw)

should I do all these? is this a sound move?

I hope I can get 6km /liter with the pajero.. hehehe.. if not, change engine nalang ako sa 4d56 with turbo...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kasi with 4d56 engine, I would get 7km /li at 49php per diesel liter, that would be 343 php/7km, if I would get 5km /li with LPG which is only 30php, I would get 150php per 5km... parang the same lang but with cheaper maintenance... tama po ba computation ko?
    even if your computation is correct, a surplus 4d56TDi will cost 70k more or less. with no guarantee the engine is still good. if you need to know more about LPG and real computation experience, call out for our tsikoteer GhostHunter.

but let us not hope it will come to any sort of conversion...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    I was able to deal the unit at 220T... may kasama na pala SUB at sound set-up na pala.... I drove it kanina, pindala ko sa shop for tune-up.. Aircon is great...

mileage is 65T lang pala.. engine is 4g54.. Wala din cya 3rd seats kasi malaki ang sub sa likod (2 subs in a box - customized)... When we lifted the pajero, naka- OLD EMU SHOCKS na pala...

The shop said....

1. CHANGE OIL and OIL FILTER
    2. CHANGE AIR FILTER
    3. CHANGE GEAR OIL
    4. REPLACE CONTACT POINT
    5. REPLACE SPARK PLUG to PLATINUM Type (mas maganda daw)

should I do all these? is this a sound move?

I hope I can get 6km /liter with the pajero.. hehehe.. if not, change engine nalang ako sa 4d56 with turbo...
    i think it is a good deal already, dont change the engine anymore, otherwise you'll be opening a whole new can of worms. just make the most of what you got. just tune up and maintain the engine real well, and you'll be ok. congrats on the new ride.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    the engine registered is 4G54...

So far, maganda pa engine... I need to add/ replace power antenna (sira), side mirror (not working na) , and I need a spare tire cover.

Hard to find din and air filter... The spark plug needed daw a w22, tama po ba?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since the engine is Carb type, would it help it I'd convert it to LPG?

Kasi with 4d56 engine, I would get 7km /li at 49php per diesel liter, that would be 343 php/7km, if I would get 5km /li with LPG which is only 30php, I would get 150php per 5km... parang the same lang but with cheaper maintenance... tama po ba computation ko?

And only the conversion is cheaper... feedback pls..
    I know this thread is kinda old but I'd like to help out.

I have a gen1 paj with 4g54 2.6L carb. It's fitted with a LPG kit. Tartarini g79 SE for carb vehicles. The tank is 60L cylindrical mounted at the back as my paj is the pickup type closed cabin.
    LPG is really inexpensive compared to petrol. Almost the same as diesel.
    Power...petrol is still king compared to LPG.
    Fuel efficiency...I get the same mileage from petrol and LPG. Maybe its my driving habits. I always get 4km/L and I have to admit, I have a lead foot.
    I have no complaints with the kit. Just make sure that you go to a HIGHLY reputable lpg dealer/converter.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Mine is 2.6GLX Dubai Gas.

5km per liter for city driving
    7 to 9km per liter for long drives (Manila to Batangas)

You wont have much problem with that Paj dude. Easy to maintain.

You may wanna join Pajero Club Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I also have a 2.4 Gas 1996 pajero.
    Downside is fuel consumption 4-6km per liter and kinda still underpowered esp when racing with fortuners
    good is it is very sturdy, doesn't break down that much. i remember hitting a hundai elantra, i didn't even have a scratch while the hundai cracked its bumper. I only use it during coding days

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    for 1995 Pajero Gas....
    v6 2.4 engine
    manual trans

Gaano katakaw po sa gas ito? I heard different stories for this..

are the parts still available?

my friend is selling his pajero to me at 250T, 88t mileage,

REASONBLE PO BA?
    BTW is this possible? A 2.4 "V6"? Lam ko V6 stands for 3.0 above?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pajero 1995 GAS