New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    for 1995 Pajero Gas....
    v6 2.4 engine
    manual trans

Gaano katakaw po sa gas ito? I heard different stories for this..

are the parts still available?

my friend is selling his pajero to me at 250T, 88t mileage,

REASONBLE PO BA?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's a 2.4 I4 gas engine. it'snot a v6. it's not the superselect 4wd system, manual hubs. you're lucky to get 6km/liter on that, my friend sold his because it gets 5km/liter with aircon on. parts are available but harder to find since the common engines that came out were the 2.5 and 2.8liter diesels, the 3.0V6's gas parts are easier to find than the 2.4. they also dont have the fenderflares and comes in manual transmission. for me, if you can still bargain it at 200 to 220k, it'll be reasonable provided it is an original LFD pajero. if converted, should be more cheaper. good luck, sir.
    Last edited by KCboy; September 30th, 2008 at 06:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    aok... hehehe matakaw pala talaga..

I was browsing tsikot for the same unit. they still priced it at 300T and they claimed 7-8 km/liter. di pala yun totoo...

I think it's a 2.4, kasi pag 3.0, mas matakaw na, di ba?

Sabi ng fren ko, US version daw -- montero.. for sure its orig LHD..

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    in addition to what KCBoy has mentioned, the 2.4 is actually the 4G64 shared with the Galant (US Ver), Space Gear 1st Gen Outlander to name a few. i think at that model year, it may have the 16-Valve SOHC valvetrain. This oh-so-aged engine continues to see the light of day with the oh-so-futuristic Fuzion!

i doubt it kung US version yan. The 1995 model year of the MONTERO (and not the Pajero) is the 3.5 24Valve V6 DOHC 6G74 was launched for the SR model to accompany with the pre-existing 3.0 24Valve V6 SOHC 6G73 for the LS. [SIZE=1]Americans would probably consider the smallish 2.4 in the Montero's engine bay to be nothing more than a sewing machine! Ang laki ng body, a liit ng engine![/SIZE] I can still remember this because i was daydreaming for this back then at the same time with the newly launched Local Pajero 2.5 TDiC. I just lost the US Version Brochure.

Dudee, does it have the standard roof or kick-up sa bandang likod? Better yet, pls post the picture so we can it see for ourselves. thank you.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I don't know what it meant by the standard roof or kick-up sa bandang likod...

currently I don't have pic of it. but the actual unit is posted here..

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4172/mags111ly2.jpg

The pajero looks exactly the same with 1995 local pajero diesel, even the interior. You can browse in here sa tsikot and look for 1995 pajero gas, meron din dito...

pls do make more critics and advice.. tnx

6. Join Date
    May 2006

this is the unit.

whats the diff between the dubai and us version?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    US version is Montero V6 it has miles/hr speedometer mostly a/t and Dubai is Pajero usually diesel engine.

I had one of those the same in the photo. My worst fuel consumption is 4km/lt and best is 6km/lt the engine is a gas guzzler but you can't expect any speed, 120kph is hard to reach. Usually it has lift spring in rear.

what you can do with that model to change the engine to 4d56 or better if 4m40 I have done it a couple times, with in the day Pajero is running with diesel engine. No major conversion is needed.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Since the engine is Carb type, would it help it I'd convert it to LPG?

Kasi with 4d56 engine, I would get 7km /li at 49php per diesel liter, that would be 343 php/7km, if I would get 5km /li with LPG which is only 30php, I would get 150php per 5km... parang the same lang but with cheaper maintenance... tama po ba computation ko?

And only the conversion is cheaper... feedback pls..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it doesnt have the fender flares and it is leaf springs, i cant see in the picture if it comes with auto or manual hubs....also, if it is manual hubs, then it wont be super select, the local 2.5diesel pajero would be a better version..but if you can get this at 220k or below, then it would be a good deal. just tell the seller, to give you a lower price to compensate for the lousy fuel consumption.
    Last edited by KCboy; October 1st, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    US Version - Montero V6

Dubai Version - Pajero V6

External look is a bit difficult to determine as everything can be altered including the V6 front grille chrome badge.

250k * 88k mileage? haggle the price till you get really close to 200k . If I were to get an SUV, I'd still get a gas version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Pajero 1995 GAS