New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to add, if you need the space and won't mind the sloppier and more tiresome drive, go for that pajero. it's being offered to you for a good price from someone you know, and if you want, 4L will let you go places (think of it as compensation for the lousier on-road handling!)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by staind
    curious, what are glow plugs?
    Glow (or heater) plugs are utilised to aid cold starting or to reach higher temperatures more quickly for fast engine start-up

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa pajero ako.. kahit na lower model. i think it would more dependable than the rav4

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by staind
    my tito is selling his 99 Pajero 4x4 A/T Gen 2.5 for P750K -- is this a good deal? it needs new tires daw and the engine needs to be calibrated. hard-starting na raw sa umaga e.

shall i replace my 2002 Rav4 J 4x4 A/T with this? need the extra space.

will test drive it later. hopefully, di sya matagtag.

opinions/recommendations pls.

salamat!
    what's the mileage?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mbt/others,
    thx for your posts! really very informative and helpful.

mileage = 95T Km pero maganda pa makina. pina-check ko sa mekaniko e.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the price and given na fresh pa yung unit, i'd say go for it!!!

Since it seems that your'e much okay with the ride quality (or lack thereof), which is the only real complaint against the Paj (aside from poor engine power), then i'd say you'd be happy with it.

Hiramin mo muna for a week or two, then see if it meets your day-to-day needs.

Parts are aplenty, maintenance is relatively cheap, you can have it fixed anywhere, may status pa rin sa streets, tough as nails, guwapo pa rin.... what more can you ask for? hehe

BTW, hard starting can usually be cured by a fresh set of plugs.

And no, these are not the equivalent of spark plugs. You just use them to preheat the combustion chambers when the engine is too cool.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    makinig ka kay mr. pajerokid hehehe, he came from a RAV4 just like yours and swapped it for a gen 2.5 pajero A/T hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe ;) I still get to use the RAV from time to time. During the time I just cant resist the allure of the Gen2.5. So nireimburse ko yung nabayaran ko sa RAV4 loan and got my ex-crimson batmobile. Never regretted it once.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    brad, meron ba 99 paj na local na matic? db kya subis yan?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i mean db kya galing subic yan? anyway if space nid mo just to haul your things roofrack oks n nga, but for additional seating cap, pwede rin, oks naman ride pajero, coil naman likod nun eh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
OPINIONS NEEDED: 99 Pajero 4x4 A/T Gen 2.5