New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by staind
    thx for the responses guys.

test drove the PAJ. ok pala ride nun e, di naman masyadong matagtag. at ang taas ng upuan! hehehe. problem is 95T Km na! pero ganda pa rin hatak at takbo. ingay pala ng diesel no? hehehe.

still undecided.

bike na lang tayo! ;)
    Ask your tito if he can give it to you * 700k pag ok sya Buy mo na!
    then ads sa carfinder mag asking ka * 790k pag kumita remember me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    :D * larshell. baka batukan ako ng tito ko! laking tao nun! LOL!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, dream car ko white Pajero Field Master 4x4 A/T. hehehe. Hanggang dream nga lang.

Locally, its the most desirable model. Nasa Php 850-950k pa ang price niyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    local field master nga yun pero gray sya with silver 2-toned. ganda. pero shall i replace my Rav for it? hirap pala mag-decide! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That would depend on you. But I would. Without a doubt. Just weigh your needs and wants.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    curious, what are glow plugs?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diesel version ng sparkplugs yan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thx KC!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you need the space then the pajero is a good choice, but if you prefer a car like driving experience and performance stick with the rav4.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    glow plugs preheat the combustion chamber before starting to facilitate starting (especially in cold climates, but not really a problem for us)

about RAV4 v. pajero, depende yan. essentially, it's a question of a car versus a truck.

RAV4 will drive better on the road. quicker to accelerate, easier to overtake with, smoother, more refined, more fun to drive, better steering, quieter on the road, nimbler, easier to maneuver, much tighter turning radius, safer in a crash against something static, lesser tendency to roll over in sharp maneuvers,...

it also has a more pleasant interior (dated na yung pajero interior, it is after all a model that was introduced in 1992 or so!), a tighter structure, potentially less rattles, squeaks and creaks, and a more convenient (lower) load floor.

on the other hand, the Pajero is simply ancient in comparison, but it is: tougher (with a real truck frame and heavier-duty suspensions), more capable (it will tow big things, like another car of yours if it will stall somewhere, like this one: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9797 ; it will haul things, and real four-wheel drive with low range will let you go places that will kill the RAV4), generally safer in the real world (where you'd be more likely to crash into another car, in which case weight will be to your advantage), probably more economical (uses less of a cheaper fuel, parts are cheap and plentiful), easier to maintain (without any computers in the engine bay, it's vastly easier to fix and work on)...

there's also the better visibility from the higher seat point and the "prestige" of driving a pajero (unfortunately, pajeros are also quite popular among carnappers or worse).

but coming from a RAV4, be warned, the pajero will be slow and clumsy in comparison. hehe. don't drive the pajero like a RAV4, and don't expect it to be one.

it's a case of a miata versus a farm tractor. if you're not interested in off-roading (which includes attacking big floods) or are interested in the pajero mainly for the "looks", you'll be better served by your RAV4.

but the pajero, old as it may be, is still a good package for what it is -- a real truck. it's also in the unique position of being the best all-around choice if you want a large, true 4x4 for far less than 1 million bucks. the Nissan Patrol Safari is another choice, but it's a real farm tractor hehehe. the trooper wasn't very popular in 4x4 guise. expeditions and GU patrols are out of the question. Land Cruiser prados are still expensive i think. used Ford Everests are another option, but they don't have the street cred and feel somewhat utilitarian compared to the pajero.
    Last edited by mbt; August 21st, 2005 at 02:35 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
OPINIONS NEEDED: 99 Pajero 4x4 A/T Gen 2.5