New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MokoWebworks View Post
    Guys hindi ako sure kung sa lahat na to, pero pa 20K PMS na yungstrada ko so bumili na ko ng Royal Purple oil ko kasi alam ko for Oil Change na ko eh, tsaka ng K&N air filter. Pagdating ko sa Jabez (Dasmarinas Mitsu Casa) Hindi na daw pwede ang owner's oil and parts since 2 months ago. Kung palalagay ko raw yung parts ko e papatungan nila ng 30% surcharge. So sabi ko lipat na lang ako, so opunta ako ng Peak (Edsa corner Roxas Mitsu Casa). Ganun din daw ang new policy nila.

Sa lahat ng casa ganito na ba ang new rule? parang ang labo naman at mukhang gusto lang mangwarta ng Mitsu dahil dito. If ever saan pang casa kaya pwede ang owner's oil and parts, otherwise sa suking talyer na lang ako papa PMS, saksak nila sa baga nila yung warranty nila :P tutal 1 year na lang naman eh :D
    strictly speaking, if i were the casa, i would have replied, "ok, you may use the oil you brought, but i will void your warranty. i do not know what's in that oilcan of yours."
    because if you take a really hard look at it, warranty-wise, it would be the casa who is taking the gamble and not the car owner..
    please don't get me wrong. i also have a car. i also pinch pennies. i also don't like it. but the casa does have a point...
    and do you know the happiest event in the course of ownership of my car? it is when i bring it to the gas station for an oil change after the third year!
    Last edited by dr. d; July 13th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...and do you know the happiest event in the course of ownership of my car? it is when i bring it to the gas station for an oil change after the third year!
    I agree.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    What's interesting to me is the fact that until recently, they allowed owners to bring their own oil. Kung risk ang paguusapan, what changed? Kung dati pwede ngayon hindi na, eh same car naman, same owner-brought-oil, same process, same technicians... kaya tuloy madaling isipin na hindi naman talaga warranty ang issue and see it to be more of money/business related policy.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^^
    strongly agree

Its purely for business reason rather than warranty issue.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so, will we still bring your under-warranty car to the casa for the periodic PMS? despite the oil corkage fee?
    if yes, why?
    if no, why not?
    me? of course i'll still bring it to the casa! how much more will i spend, and how much do i stand to lose just in case?...
    a general once said, "we must measure what we may lose, by what we can gain".
    think of it as a 3-year insurance policy.. and we have to pay the premiums.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 15th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    No restaurant will allow you to bring your own foods same thing with casas.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by perrydel View Post
    No restaurant will allow you to bring your own foods same thing with casas.
    Guys na check nyo ba ang specs ng nilalagay nilang oil sa car nyo. Baka naman ang oil specification ay minimum requirement lang ng makina then ang charge ay premium na. Sure ito ay business issue not warranty. sinabi sa manual ang minimum oil specs so kung ang dala mong oil ay higher bakit ma void ang warranty??

Believe it or not I feel the engine of our cars performed better when I was the one doing the PMS than when they were done by the stealership (casa). I can fill up the best oil grade & change the oil/fuel filters to the best quality I can afford. O ma pantayan ba ng casa yan without adding cost? In several instances I have to re-bleed the brake hydraulic system dahil hindi na bleed ng mabuti sa casa after the regular PMS After 10K odo I keep my distance from the casa, never mind that warranty, marami dyan ay sasabihin limited lang po hindi kasama sa regular warranty coverage. ek, ek.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Whether you bring to casa or not, it's a risk. But for me, when I got my new vehicle a few months ago, I never went back to the Casa for PMS, I just follow the recommended interval and let my trusted gas station or shop to do the works.

Kaya ganyan mga casa Dahil sa service malakas ang Kita at raket. If they rely on the number of car units sold, di sila mabubuhay dun. Nasa aftersales/ service ang bulk ng Kita nila.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^ that's very true. As long as my unit/s are covered with comprehensive insurance & I do the regular PMS according to the manual & running hours then its ok. After all the insurance is my partner in paying the repair bills if ever. Ito pa, pag may damage ang car kailangan iprove sa casa na ang damage ay due to mechanical or quality issue and not due to abuse of use. Pero paano mo ma explain ang "abuse" na pag gamit? At end iinit lang ang ulo mo sa paki pag argue dyan sa service advisor.
    Last edited by weisshorn; July 17th, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    At end iinit lang ang ulo mo sa paki pag argue dyan sa service advisor.
    +1000 with this.. the time my dad bought his montero he never went back to the casa doon na siya sa trusted mechanic niya, dami kasi tanong ni erpat sa casa technician di rin nasasagot. and by the time I bought my suv well Im having it service sa casa since they let me bring my own oil and parts no SURCHARGE whatsoever plus they let me watch too so thats a big thumbs up for me... in the end of the day its always business.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast