New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi guys...is it true that the current pajero fieldmaster is to be phased out soon, and in its place will be a new 4X2 version of the gen 3 pajero? can anyone please confirm this? thanks ..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Where is the old style 4x2 Pajero Fieldmaster manufactured?

As far as I know the new 4x4 Pajero is CBU from Japan.
    Last edited by AG4; May 22nd, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    uh, that's why i mentioned gen3 pajero.. the model prior to the current body..i heard mitsubishi is planning to market a gen 3 4X2 as replacement for the current fieldmaster which they are phasing out very soon..

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    The (old) Pajero Fieldmaster is one of the remaining models being assembled at the Cainta, Rizal plant. Let it be known that the PHILIPPINES, VIETMAN and INDIA are the 3 countries that i know are still producing this model! its about time that we get out of that list! As far as the Japan made Pajero 4x4 3.8 and 3.2 is concerned, AG4 is correct!

the international model indicate that Pajeros are only 4x4. na exclude lang tayo due to the silly tax rules during erap's regime. but IMO, MMC/MMPC may never again produce the 4x2 drivetrain for the Pajero since the Super Select is the essence of the brand's flagship SUV.

what we can expect instead is the Montero Sport SUV based from the Strada. it has been discussed at another thread- take time to look for it. mitsu fanatics like me are anticipating for some time now.
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; May 22nd, 2008 at 02:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've heard that too, that there are plans to cease production of the fieldmaster, pero not sure if it will push thru.... kahit luma na po kasi, my buyers pa rin

Pero syempre if ever, something will replace it sa local production ng mmpc....
    watch out....somethings definitely brewing in mitsu phils. wag lang mauunsyami

Gud day!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sorry double post
    Last edited by rhuwrx; May 22nd, 2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: double post

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Fieldmaster is the next immortal. It is second to the immortal of all immortals, the L300 Versa Van (in production since 1987).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    its about time that we get out of that list! .
    I don't think Mitsubishi is going to stop producing the Gen 2.5 Pajero. Alam mo naman, Mitsubishi tradition... Kung ano ang malakas, yun ang hindi lalabas.
    Last edited by drey; May 22nd, 2008 at 10:44 PM.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The Fieldmaster is the next immortal. It is second to the immortal of all immortals, the L300 Versa Van (in production since 1987).
    IMO, I like the Fieldmaster better than its sucessor, the current Pajero just looks weird to me, the current Prado looks much better than the Pajero.

Grabe ang tagal na talaga nyang L300 na yan! May gatas pa ako sa labi andyan na yan, I think its been at least 10 years when we got rid of our troublesome L3 VV. I wonder if the L3 is still bought by families or is it more of a shuttle service/school bus right now. If I'm not mistaken, its currently priced * 770k? which I think is bloody expensive for a van thats already 20 years old.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    IMO, I like the Fieldmaster better than its sucessor, the current Pajero just looks weird to me, the current Prado looks much better than the Pajero.

Grabe ang tagal na talaga nyang L300 na yan! May gatas pa ako sa labi andyan na yan, I think its been at least 10 years when we got rid of our troublesome L3 VV. I wonder if the L3 is still bought by families or is it more of a shuttle service/school bus right now. If I'm not mistaken, its currently priced * 770k? which I think is bloody expensive for a van thats already 20 years old.
    in fairness, i also like the shape of the fieldmaster- still. the design of the Gen3 and Gen3.5/4 has grown on me- so i learned to love it- especially that the Gen 3.5/4 is more streamlined. its just that the field master has been with us for a very long time and we are looking forward to innovation in motion.

yes, the L300 series (FB/Versavan) - a design that was excecuted in 1979 is a rolling piece of history! yes, tama po si ronw123w124... this is also the most affordable passenger van to date at 771k. i think it is still best to retain this in production- PCSO and hospitals/transport institutions are using it now as passenger vans/ambulances considering na wala nang kia besta/pregio, hyundai H100!

aside from the L300 and Field Master- the Adventure (since 1997-98) is becoming a part of it!
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; May 23rd, 2008 at 08:18 AM.

new pajero base model