New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Guys,

Ask ko lang kung meron na ba sa inyo dito na nakapag full EGR blanking ng 2017 Montero 4N15 engine, yung walang butas sa gitna ang blanking plate and kung hindi nag check engine light? Kung may butas kasi eh magdudumi pa din ang intake manifold pagtagal. TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I ask the SA of both mitsubishi Mandaue City and Toyota Mabolo, cebu city about EGR valve cleaning on their respective diesel engines they both answered that even at 20k km mileage said valve is still clean due to our euro 4 fuel and euro 4 compliant engines. Thus, I believe EGR blanking is unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakespeed800 View Post
    I ask the SA of both mitsubishi Mandaue City and Toyota Mabolo, cebu city about EGR valve cleaning on their respective diesel engines they both answered that even at 20k km mileage said valve is still clean due to our euro 4 fuel and euro 4 compliant engines. Thus, I believe EGR blanking is unnecessary.

Sir,

Talagang ganun ang sasabihin ng Mitsubishi syempre hindi nila ia-advise ang EGR blanking modification pero for us na gusto natin tumagal ng husto ang buhay ng makina eh iba-blank natin para totally walang dumi papasok. Bina-blank yun pero with a tiny hole nga sa gitna kasi may flow sensor na, so may konti pa din pumapasok na exhaust gas.

I was curious kung meron na sumubok na mag full blank and kung nag-CEL ba or not.

Yung sayo ba sir hindi mo kino-consider ang blanking, maganda ang magiging benefit/s in the long run?

Thank you

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2roph View Post
    Sir,

Talagang ganun ang sasabihin ng Mitsubishi syempre hindi nila ia-advise ang EGR blanking modification pero for us na gusto natin tumagal ng husto ang buhay ng makina eh iba-blank natin para totally walang dumi papasok. Bina-blank yun pero with a tiny hole nga sa gitna kasi may flow sensor na, so may konti pa din pumapasok na exhaust gas.

I was curious kung meron na sumubok na mag full blank and kung nag-CEL ba or not.

Yung sayo ba sir hindi mo kino-consider ang blanking, maganda ang magiging benefit/s in the long run?

Thank you
    as if now , I dont need blanking kasi ang car ko has 30km pa. Im not using it kasi wala pang registration papers. but in the future, maybe....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    also invest a good oil catch can

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by alrorskyz View Post

Agree! Maybe in a few months.New Montero 4N15 EGR Blanking

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by alrorskyz View Post

Was told that occ will void warranty

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Was told that occ will void warranty
    Lahat naman i bo void ng casa. It will be up to the owner to make the decision whether to install or not. To tell you, there is a lot of oil mist being captured by my Provent OCC in this new 4N15 engine.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Lahat naman i bo void ng casa. It will be up to the owner to make the decision whether to install or not. To tell you, there is a lot of oil mist being captured by my Provent OCC in this new 4N15 engine.
    Yes, an OCC is also a good modification for the engine to trap the unwanted oil and not to go to the intercooler. EGR blanking is best done as soon as possible in a new engine, I blanked mine at 110 kms after pull out from casa (with a small hole at the center of the blanking plate). I want to know if there are somebody who fully blanked their EGR valve completely without CEL appearing. TIA

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was one of first persons who used Unioil Euro 4 (15 ppm sulfur) diesel back in 2011 when it was introduced for my old 2010 Montero Sport GLS A/T 4x2. Euro 2 (500 ppm sulfur) diesels were the norm that period until it was mandated by law in 2016. My EGR was never touched from the time I bought the vehicle in 2010 until I decided to have it cleaned for the 1st time in 2016. EGR does not need cleaning in opening. Just use the current Euro 4 diesel and you won't have any problem with EGR blockage. EGRs by themselves are self-regulating are closed in more than 50% of the time. They are there for a purpose: decrease NOx gasses which are good for the environment and for our health. Leave it as is.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast