New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to drool over the onboard DVD system on the Grand Sport variant, but after some consideration, decided to get the GLS Sport instead. For one, I wouldn't really be able to appreciate the thing while I'm driving, and the way it's positioned effectively blocks the rear-view mirror. Besides, I wouldn't really recommend watching a movie inside a moving vehicle.

Two-spoke steering wheel is fine by me, as long as it's still rack and pinion with power assist. Same with the seats; you can always get leather seat covers if you want. What I don't understand is, why bring back the door-mounted spare tire on the GLS variant? It reduces rear visibility, it sets off the parking sensors and it makes the task of merely opening the tailgate twice as tedious, not to mention making the vehicle look somewhat awkward. Putting it back under the chassis is no big deal, IMO.

Aesthetics will always refuse to satisfy everyone, but personally I'd prefer the more rugged-looking AUV look over the streamlined silhouette. If I wanted a ***y-looking machine, I'd get a coupe instead than wish for it on a people-mover. Plus, I'm not a big fan of those oversized fender flares on the Super Sport and Grand Sport variants; they make the vehicle look bloated for some reason. And side-impact beams may be the most that the Adventure can offer as far as safety features are concerned, but coupled with seatbelts and power-assisted brakes should be adequate for budget-conscious buyers.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 24th, 2005 at 01:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    and the previous adventure looked way better then the current facelifted one which looks like a fly..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    Several car dealers explained to me years ago why all AUVs do not have airbags and ABS, i just could not recall the exact explanation. But the essence i think is related to the tax classification. There is a tax difference between an AUV and an SUV - and a ruling states that an AUV cannot be an AUV with airbags and ABS. Meaning, you cannot classify a vehicle as an AUV for tax purposes if it has airbags and ABS. Not to mention that an AUV with airbags and ABS will jack-up its price tag almost as close as an SUV making it a marketing liability.
    and you believed that?

there is actually no AUV classification as far as the LTO is concerned. what is exempted from taxes before is UV (utility vehicles) with 10 seats or more. all AUVs, SUVs & vans were classified as UVs FYI. this is why the CR-V, Pajero, Patrol, etc were able to enjoy the said exemption too.

But then again, if your money can only make it as far as P900,000, you can get more bang-for-your-buck on this Adventure (as a family vehicle) than on a car. Sometimes your budget will really clamp down your choices to what is "acceptable" rather than what is "nice-to-have".
    the 12-seater Nissan Urvan retails for less than 800K. the base-model Sedona with its 135hp CRDi engine (a far cry from the 84hp Adventure) starts at 900K.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    and the previous adventure looked way better then the current facelifted one which looks like a fly..
    I don't know, I rather like the new fascia, since it comes with better headlights and has a fierce look to it.

The old fascia resembled that of a Pajero, which really isn't bad in itself. But I guess they eventually decided to give the Adventure/Freeca/Kuda its own identity, which explains the grill change with the really small Mitsu logo in front. That is, until Olivier Boulay came up with the new corporate nose.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i've had my AUV for 3 years already and i don't have any complaints with it... since i was thinking of a family vehicle when i bought it, i think i did the right choice of choosing one, besides i don't have the budget to buy a SUV... by the way, my ride's a mitsu adv 02 model...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Their gearing for the introduction of the new SUV they will be releasing. Got to have all the Adventures out the factory.

Benta nalang nila yung mga parts at discounted prices for upgrade of those that already have Adventures.

I'd wanna add super sport fenders and cladding on my GLS.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    the 12-seater Nissan Urvan retails for less than 800K. the base-model Sedona with its 135hp CRDi engine (a far cry from the 84hp Adventure) starts at 900K.
    Hmm, the Urvan does retail for less, but it's hardly practical if you didn't really need that many seats, and have limited parking space in the garage. As for the Sedona, its CRDi engine is still cast in doubt, in light of the quality of our diesel fuel. It wins with regards to horsepower, but what about longevity and parts availability? It still has a lot to prove compared to Mitsu's reliable 4D56.

Besides, would their suspension systems be rugged enough to last through the worst of Metro Manila's roads?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm for 900k i'd go for the base model starex..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    and you believed that?
    I once told my mother that same logic. Why buy an Adventure Grand Sport when you can buy an Urvan/Pregio/Starex at a much cheaper price? The answer i got: The Urvan looks like .... well .... a van. The Adventure looks more like an SUV .... a poor man's SUV if you might say. And besides, it would be more bearable to use the Adventure as a personal vehicle driving around by yourself than take the 12-seater Urvan to work everyday by yourself. It would be like taking a refrigerator to work with only one bottle of beer inside. The Kia Sedona, well it looks more like .... a car. I guess people who did choose to buy an AUV over the Sedona have an SUV in mind in the first place but the money just fell short.

I wish it is that easy like magic to get P300,000 to upgrade to Fortuner.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Babaan pa nila lalo price ng Adventure - ibalik yung price to that of the 2003. That should do it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
New Mitsubishi Limited Edition Adventure - check it out