New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    On one hand, i read a news article that said Mitsu Ph will be phasing this out due to emission/environmental laws; a few days after i read another article about Mitsu expanding the plants here, and to make PH an export hub for the Mirage, and new L300.

Does anyone have any inside info? i'm guessing they'll put in a newer engine, most likely with an ECU; that said, if they can do that with the current L300, it's not far fetched that they can do the same for the Adventure.

i'm also curious as to how they will price the new L300/Adventure, as well as the maintenance costs.

For all its faults, the L300 is the go-to delivery/hakot van, panahon pa ni Cory up to this year, nakakabenta pa rin sila. i'm curious how Mitsu can continue the evolution.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    That's the very same article where i got the "next generation L300" info. Dun sa isang article naman(earlier), ife- phase out na talaga yung L300, and it will sell the L200 variants in its place.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    maganda nga siguro kung ma upgrade nila ung 4d56.pero sa akin kuntento na ako dito..
    nagkalat parin sa highway ang mga adventure at L300 na brand new.siguro sa tibay at subok na talaga ang makina..

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Since they have been using the same body and engine for almost 30 yrs straight. Its about time change must come. Its long OVERDUE, MMPC!

While the current L300 is the go to workhorse vehicle for businesses, the lack of competition has made Mitsubishi Phils VERY complacent in its improvement or development. I wonder why? With a life spanning close to 30 yrs (in our market at least), MMPC surely must have recouped their initial investments by hundred folds at least by now.

Also the current L300 is the favorite target of those ASBU and enforcers in Pasig and Pasay. Yes even if your unit is brand new or at least the facelifted one (MY-2010 and above). They will still level the smoke belching charge on the unit no matter what.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The Mitsubishi Fuzion/Zinger was supposed to replace the Mitsubishi Adveneture when it was introduce but the lack of a diesel mill to rival the new Innova then. Will Mitsubishi bring the diesel powered Zinger,finally?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Mitsubishi still uses the 4D56 (although 3rd Gen Intercooled Turbo VGT) for the Triton...

Maybe they can just upgrade the engines of the L300 and Adventure to keep the costs down...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Been thinking about this also and waiting for a replacement to the Adventure (and the ancient Crosswind as well)
    But doesn't the price increase of the Innova and the current price increases of the compact cars make the Adventure still a good buy at its current price point?

Let's say you have a 700-800K budget for a brand new vehicle, the Adventure makes sense because of the 7 seater configuration and diesel? The only rival would be the Mobilio, but that's gasoline.

Makes sense if MMPC still sells these vehicles at its current price and not make any changes.

New Generation Mitsubishi L300, Adventure(2016)?