New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Mga pap,I bought a Galant Gti 93 with a 4G63 intercooler turbo powerplant..The only problem I had with it was the hoses that kept blowing apart * 6 p.s.i. I had the turbo flanged piping tightened and had it tuned. It was OKAY at first..When we started boosting up,the problems poured in..First the hoses got cracked,replaced them with SAMCO rubbers..It took out all the stops and I was happy boosting * 10 p.s.i!!:groupwave: Everything was going great until a clutch problem had to be fixed.The usual change pressure plates,disc and release bearings..The clutch was only good fro 2 weeks!!I was running on FAKE exedys(replacements) and somebody told me to use ORIG MITSU CLUCTH (which I haven't tried yet..I replaced them all(again) But the transmission kept on dragging,which was a new problem for me..I already spent 3/4 of mytime trying to get the clutch right ..Any advice on clutch problems in turbo's? This is very new to me and I hope to get HELP from you MItsu fanatics.Thank you for taking time reading..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Maybe Dondi Montecillo can help you with your problems. They have a shop in the Roligon Cockpit compound in Quirino ave Tambo Paranaque and are Mitsu fanatics.
    Last edited by Si 06; March 5th, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    Maybe Dondi Montecillo can help you with your problems. They have a shop in the Roligon Cockpit compound in Quirino ave Tambo Paranaque and are Mitsu fanatics.
    Thank you sir..Try to look for them..Do they have an address of the shop where i can go directly where they are located?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mon_3rdgen View Post
    Mga pap,I bought a Galant Gti 93 with a 4G63 intercooler turbo powerplant..The only problem I had with it was the hoses that kept blowing apart * 6 p.s.i. I had the turbo flanged piping tightened and had it tuned. It was OKAY at first..When we started boosting up,the problems poured in..First the hoses got cracked,replaced them with SAMCO rubbers..It took out all the stops and I was happy boosting * 10 p.s.i!!:groupwave: Everything was going great until a clutch problem had to be fixed.The usual change pressure plates,disc and release bearings..The clutch was only good fro 2 weeks!!I was running on FAKE exedys(replacements) and somebody told me to use ORIG MITSU CLUCTH (which I haven't tried yet..I replaced them all(again) But the transmission kept on dragging,which was a new problem for me..I already spent 3/4 of mytime trying to get the clutch right ..Any advice on clutch problems in turbo's? This is very new to me and I hope to get HELP from you MItsu fanatics.Thank you for taking time reading..
    I think it would be better to use aluminum or stainless steel piping instead of hoses for the turbo-intercooler-intake line. but if you want to go the rubber hoses route you should get those that can withstand about 100psi or higher, same quality hoses as those connected to your power steering pump. For the clutch dragging... are you using the AWD tranny or FWD tranny? or stock tranny pa rin ng galant? because if you got the AWD tranny you should get the gear which transfers power to the rear diff welded so that power only goes to your front axles or else parang diesel yung takbo ng 63T mo hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    punta k addspeed autoworks magaling sila regarding 4g63
    or u could call them 8004945 ask for sir ladi

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    you can go to sjag sa novaliches heres the contact no.09206524532 kasi alam ko may pang karera yun na 4g63 makina

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006

Thank you sir..Try to look for them..Do they have an address of the shop where i can go directly where they are located?
    The shop is in the Roligon cockpit compound along Quirino ave. You can call or txt the owner Dennis 0917 886 1122 sila gumagawa ng VR4 ng friend ko. Bait mga tao doon.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    As for your clutch problems, I think original parts will do the trick...
    Iba ang reliability ng original pressure plates and release bearings, but you'll be fine with replacement clutch disks, mas maselan lagn talaga ang release bearings at pressure plates...

Need help with Galant GTi 4G63 Turbo