New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    were planing to buy mitsu montero sport
    ano poh ba mas ok sa dalawa
    3.2 GLS or the 2.5 4X2 GLS kasi baka matakaw sa fuel ung bigger engine
    and ano po ba differences nila?. pls help....

2nd choice is the toyota fortuner.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    go to a dealer near you. i have the 4x2 2.5 one, ok naman.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir Kingvin,

Same with Sir Migs, I also have the 4x2 2.5L variant. No complaints as to the performance.

Exterior wise, wala halos pinagkaiba ang 2.5L 4x2 GLS and the 3.2L 4x4 GLS SE. At a quick glance, you will not be able to tell the difference between the two models (except from the back - may GLS SE na emblem yung isa).

Of course the difference in engine size translates to differences in horsepower and torque ratings. FYI: the 3.2L variant uses the 4m41 engine and the 2.5L uses the 4d56.

Sa interior, may wood panels yung 4x4, plus climate control, plus leather seats (I think), automated driver seat adjustments, and the information display panel sa gitna (gives you the consumption, barometer and compass readings, etc). Oh and the 4x4 also has a 6-piece speaker system as compared to the 4x2's 4-piece system. May tweeters na kasi yung 4x4.

Both are on the 4-speed Invecs II sportronic transmission, but the 4x4 of course has the added advantage of super select 4-wheel drive.

May I ask where you plan to use the car? I'm just asking because the planned usage for the car, i.e. city-driving or off-road, can help you decide which variant's right for you.

HTH sir.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's city use... go for the 4D56. Cheaper and easier to maintain... slightly better economy (not too much better... the Montero is still a heavy car).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by kingvin View Post
    were planing to buy mitsu montero sport
    ano poh ba mas ok sa dalawa
    3.2 GLS or the 2.5 4X2 GLS kasi baka matakaw sa fuel ung bigger engine
    and ano po ba differences nila?. pls help....

2nd choice is the toyota fortuner.
    I think the selection between 3.2 and 2.5, it depend on your budget, if you dont have budget to consider, may consider the 3.2 SE ( That no more 3.2 GLS)

I choose 3.2 SE, because i like the auto climate control.....

Also why i dont consider Fort, the simple reason was, this model was old, it been in the market more than 3 year.....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If better fuel efficiency is the priority, going for the 2.5 is the right choice but if you can afford the 3.2 4X4 you’ll definitely not regret it. Also the manual transmission is now available for much better FC for the 2.5

oh for the fort as your second option, sorry but by next year andyan na ang all new so luma na agad. also lahat ng current mid SUV ay mga facelifted na so by next year pawala na rin.

My one cent....
    Last edited by XTO; July 9th, 2009 at 03:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    dina man po maxado problema ang budget, so mas ok po ba ung 3.2 engine and easy to maintain dn po ba? inaalala q lang kasi baka matakaw xa evry day use pa naman.
    for city use and sa pang biahe biahe.
    and by 2010 ba my bago ba labas ng monty?
    iiba kaya itsura?
    xenxa na medyo matanong ako=) mbti na ung cgurado=)hehe.............tnx

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vhinz09 View Post
    dina man po maxado problema ang budget, so mas ok po ba ung 3.2 engine and easy to maintain dn po ba? inaalala q lang kasi baka matakaw xa evry day use pa naman.
    iiba kaya itsura?
    sir vhinz, I own a 3.2 GLS monty, same engine with the GLS SE variant... as for the FC, based on my computation, its around 7.8-8km/L (city driving)...

ride is very comfortable and engine response is very impressive...

if you have time, visit us on our EB on Saturday (9AM) at Bonifacio High Street, you will see the different variants/colors/mods of montys...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    iiba kaya itsura?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    the 3.2 is definitely better kung wala ka problema sa budget. regarding the facelift sa 2010, I'm not sure.
    and also please avoid text speak sir, good luck with your montero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need advise what to buy [montero sport]