New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Hi, Good Day to everyone here,just noticed this month my 2012 GLS-V Monty AT makes strange and weird sound, When i rev my car at 1-2k rpm, the strange sound comes almost together with the turbo whistling or before the turbo, its a loud sharp sound, like a friction, like rubbing the metal, i think its coming from the rear, but i can not sure, anyway, i attached the sound file i recorded this morning, please help me to find out the problem, thank you very much!

note: the strange sound comes between 00.21sec to 00.26sec and at the end of the sound file

here is the link of the sound record file
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm25xi4f1x...nteronoise.mp3

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I would personally suggest to bring your unit to your dealer sir.. ;) there is really that strange sound upon hearing the recordings..

By the way, you could have post your concern on the 2012 Montero thread..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    I would personally suggest to bring your unit to your dealer sir.. ;) there is really that strange sound upon hearing the recordings..

By the way, you could have post your concern on the 2012 Montero thread..
    Yes, ready to bring it to my dealer, just wondering where that sounds come from

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    balitaan mo kami anong resulta bro. it is definitely a source of concern for you and for the rest of your fellow monty drivers too

and yes, posting your concern in the 2012 montero thread would've been more apt

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by czw2005 View Post
    Hi, Good Day to everyone here,just noticed this month my 2012 GLS-V Monty AT makes strange and weird sound, When i rev my car at 1-2k rpm, the strange sound comes almost together with the turbo whistling or before the turbo, its a loud sharp sound, like a friction, like rubbing the metal, i think its coming from the rear, but i can not sure, anyway, i attached the sound file i recorded this morning, please help me to find out the problem, thank you very much!

note: the strange sound comes between 00.21sec to 00.26sec and at the end of the sound file

here is the link of the sound record file
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm25xi4f1x...nteronoise.mp3

Parang sa serpentine drive system galing or yung drive belt ng alternator, air-con compressor,water pump, power steering pump, idlers etc..

Pero dapat automatic tension naman yan. Pa check nyo baka faulty ang alternator drive belt auto-tensioner.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2012 model pa lang may whistlint sound na? could be pulley or bearing also.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just brought it to diamond motor Edsa to checkup this morning,They found out the drive belt is loosen and adjusted it, now the strange sound eliminated...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Sorry, just a little confused.. Like Arsen comment above, I thought that it is supposedly equipt with autotension... Then why need to adjust and would you know which exactly was adjusted? I think the AC belt is manual tension.

Your additional info is highly appreciated.

My Monterosport 2012 makes strange whistling sound