New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga Bossing, engine: 4d56turbo, 4x4 I need your advise po, I have bought my pajero 90(subic version) last 2 months to a seller who is using it for 5yrs na po. So far as of this moment, no major trouble encountered pa naman. I have just replaced ung brake pads for front & rear; shaft lift kit; upper/ lower ball joint; & rear left shock po; camber/ caster alignment.pinalitan ko po as preventive maintenance. Engine, trans & body are ok(i did my homework na before buying it).I just want to know po if i can replace the trans with manual tranny? possible ba un? salpak nalang ba lahat un? ano po ba ang maging modifications kung palitan ko po ng manual tranny?Gusto ko pong palitan ang tranny kasi, iuwi ko sa province ang rig, so ayoko na doon abutan sa province mag breakdown ang tranny, sa kadahilanang mahal magpagawa at mahirap lalo na sa province. Any shops sa banawe, sa evangelista or taft na pwede pagkuhanan ng tranny. mas maganda kung may contact number/person ang shop. Your advise/suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks! ~Natz

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hey, i have a friend who converted his tranny from an auto to a manual. Its just very costly since he had to buy a new tranny.. At the time, he couldn't find one that would fit his car, so he ended up having to buy a used car just for that purpose. mind you, this guy owns a car repair/upgrade shop. And he couldn't find a tranny. So it just might be a little hard unless you already have one standing by for you or you already know where to get one.

But the point is, it is very much possible.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spetsnatz View Post
    Mga Bossing, engine: 4d56turbo, 4x4 I need your advise po, I have bought my pajero 90(subic version) last 2 months to a seller who is using it for 5yrs na po. So far as of this moment, no major trouble encountered pa naman. I have just replaced ung brake pads for front & rear; shaft lift kit; upper/ lower ball joint; & rear left shock po; camber/ caster alignment.pinalitan ko po as preventive maintenance. Engine, trans & body are ok(i did my homework na before buying it).I just want to know po if i can replace the trans with manual tranny? possible ba un? salpak nalang ba lahat un? ano po ba ang maging modifications kung palitan ko po ng manual tranny?Gusto ko pong palitan ang tranny kasi, iuwi ko sa province ang rig, so ayoko na doon abutan sa province mag breakdown ang tranny, sa kadahilanang mahal magpagawa at mahirap lalo na sa province. Any shops sa banawe, sa evangelista or taft na pwede pagkuhanan ng tranny. mas maganda kung may contact number/person ang shop. Your advise/suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks!

~Natz

It does not make sense, any contradicting idea is nonsense.

Hindi naman sira gusto mo ipagawa. Sino naman nagsabi sa iyo na
    madaling masira ang transmission?

Ano gagawin sa tatangalin mo na tranny? Ibebenta mo?
    Para kang nagbenta ng palay para bumili ng bigas.

If you are sending it to your province for towing duties, it maybe
    better if it is AT.

Mukhang marami ka naman pera extra, sa recto ka na lang pumunta at maghunting ka doon nang mga secondhand automotive books,
    gusto mo lang ata gumastos eh.

Mechanic ba talaga nag preventive maintenace service sa iyo?

Mag member ka kaya muna sa mga pajero clubs, I am sure you will meet
    people there who are tall. Maraming tao na hindi madamot sa kaalaman
    tungkol sa pajero.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by N T Y c E View Post
    hey, i have a friend who converted his tranny from an auto to a manual. Its just very costly since he had to buy a new tranny.. At the time, he couldn't find one that would fit his car, so he ended up having to buy a used car just for that purpose. mind you, this guy owns a car repair/upgrade shop. And he couldn't find a tranny. So it just might be a little hard unless you already have one standing by for you or you already know where to get one.

But the point is, it is very much possible.
    ganun po ba.pareho po ba kami ng rig ng friend nyo po? thanks po bossing for the reply. ~Natz

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    It does not make sense, any contradicting idea is nonsense.

Hindi naman sira gusto mo ipagawa. Sino naman nagsabi sa iyo na
    madaling masira ang transmission?

Ano gagawin sa tatangalin mo na tranny? Ibebenta mo?
    Para kang nagbenta ng palay para bumili ng bigas.

If you are sending it to your province for towing duties, it maybe
    better if it is AT.

Mukhang marami ka naman pera extra, sa recto ka na lang pumunta at maghunting ka doon nang mga secondhand automotive books,
    gusto mo lang ata gumastos eh.

Mechanic ba talaga nag preventive maintenace service sa iyo?

Mag member ka kaya muna sa mga pajero clubs, I am sure you will meet
    people there who are tall. Maraming tao na hindi madamot sa kaalaman
    tungkol sa pajero.
    Boss mark_t, Actually boss, other reasons din kung dahil po gusto ko sana palitan it with manual, gas consumption, mas mahal ang repair/spareparts ng auto tranny. kaya po i was asking po if pwede ko gawin. kasi just in case pwede, ill get one & replace it or standby spare in case Im having a problem sa province po.nagtatanong palang naman po ako. kulang din sa budget boss, kaya siguro subic version din kinuha ko.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^pero medyo malabo din on the reason why you wanna have it redone to manual... if lets say you'll want something on reserve, pwede yun auto tranny na nakatabi na.. pero to change it to manual waiting for the auto tranny to give is a very bad idea. the costs alone will cost you hundreds of thousands. baka mas mahal pa sa car... and the work to go into it is crazy. sobra daming conversions yata kailangan.

As for fuel economy.. i doubt you would even notice it just by changing the tranny on an old car. Plus the amount of gas you'll spend more with the auto transmission over the manual during the life of your car will be less than the conversion you want done.

My suggestion is, if you have a lot of money and you just like manual over auto and you wanna convert it for kicks.. by all means.. pero its not recommendable.

My friend that did it to his car, the reason why he did it is to show off that he can do it for auto shows. So yun yung justification nya. pero the costs alone in doing it is crazy and well not worth it on any level.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    converting 4d56 at to m/t is not that expensive. it's the mechanics package deal that drains the life out of you. you can even use a m/t from a hyundai galloper. the fuel savings are significant.

I cannot recommend you a shop though, nasa probinsya kasi ako eh. I suggest you hunt for the m/t yourself. scrutinize all shops, you need to bleed looking for the best deal. find a mechanic, who can give you the best labor deal. ask him his opinion on the m/t you want to buy...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Alam mo hindi puede na mas mura bumili ng buong tranny kesa sa mag repair.

At hindi rin ganoon kalaki ang pagkakaiba ng consumption ng gas eh AT ang gamit ko araw araw eh. I check mo kaya kung gumagana OD ng tranny mo.
    Maybe you should try to drive on top gear.

Kung wala kang kilala na mechanic na mura eh di sa don bosco o sa
    meralco foundation mo dalhin sira mo na tranny at doon mo pa repair.

Pero kung ang concern mo ay kung puede mo gawin MT.
    Aba puedeng puede kahit ibalik mo pa sa RHD yan.
    Kung saan ka masaya. Puede.

Pasensia ka na nabigla ako sa gusto mo at dahilan mo. pakiramdam ko kasi
    barbero mechaniko mo. Nag preventive maintenance ka ika sa mga bagay na hindi sira.
    Sa akin kasi inspect and repair/replace as necessary lang.

Parang meron ka na matalim na itak na ayaw mo pumurol,
    kaya hahasain mo uli kahit hindi mo pa nagagamit.

tanong lang, Kamusta status ng cooling system mo and corrosion?
    How about engine performance and driveability diagnosis?
    Last edited by mark_t; January 14th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

4d56 SUVic pajero... sabi nila ang flywheel bolt pattern ng AT iba sa MT

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    4d56 SUVic pajero... sabi nila ang flywheel bolt pattern ng AT iba sa MT
    Hindi, kasi kung ako designer dagdag gastos ito sa tooling pag nag production ka na.

hindi mo puede i rationalize na meron ka another tooling cost sa shop floor
    sa production mo ng flywheel. And another supply chain. Another storage
    space.

Mahirap ma approve ito kasi hindi efficient sa tooling.

Maliban na lang kung talagang magkaiba talaga mga sasakyan na paglalagyan ng engine
    kasi mag kaiba ang weight ng chassis.
    Last edited by mark_t; January 14th, 2009 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My Automatic Transmission to be replace with manual, is it Possible?