New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    HELP please! i got my MS 4x2 last nov2010. now i noticed that there are rust spots all around the vehicle. what should i do? i know there's a 3yr anti-rust warranty. can i request for unit replacement? thanks for your help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, surface rust is not included in the warranty coverage. Because surface rust is really a normally occuring phenomenon. You can bring it up with the service department or you can just buy a good rust converter and apply on the affected area.

What is covered is rust-through. And there are numerous conditions with regards to this. I don't how its done nowadays but back then, the vehicle has to undergo annual inspections to qualify for the warranty.

And no, you cannot have the unit replaced due to rust damage.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, surface rust is not included in the warranty coverage. Because surface rust is really a normally occuring phenomenon. You can bring it up with the service department or you can just buy a good rust converter and apply on the affected area.

What is covered is rust-through. And there are numerous conditions with regards to this. I don't how its done nowadays but back then, the vehicle has to undergo annual inspections to qualify for the warranty.

And no, you cannot have the unit replaced due to rust damage.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    * TS: Lagyan mo nga ng rust converter as sir Otep said and hen dalhin mo sa Shell na may service bay at magpa-undercoat ka na lang. Mura lang naman yan para may peace of mind ka IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    matatanggal ba lahat? yup, i noticed surface rust lang. i'm bringing it to meguiars to have it removed plus application of paint protection.

wala pa bang undercoating yung MS? so kailangan ko pa pa-service yung ilalim?

thank you sa mga reply.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May undercoating sa wheel wells pero sa ibang areas wala.

Electrode dipping na ginagawa sa kanya sa factory. But there's nothing to lose if you get a good aftermarket undercoat.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    May undercoating sa wheel wells pero sa ibang areas wala.

Electrode dipping na ginagawa sa kanya sa factory. But there's nothing to lose if you get a good aftermarket undercoat.
    +1, much better kasi yung may undercoat na rin since added protection from chipping due to small rocks flying below the car esp in unpaved roads. Added layer of protection siya IMO. Nothing wrong with investing in a good undercoat. Ok 3M but ok din yung sa Shell, mura dahil package na with their labor IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *sir otep: thanks! nag-panic talaga ako when i saw the rust spots. i rarely use my white MS, usually weekends lang and for long drives.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    +1, much better kasi yung may undercoat na rin since added protection from chipping due to small rocks flying below the car esp in unpaved roads. Added layer of protection siya IMO. Nothing wrong with investing in a good undercoat. Ok 3M but ok din yung sa Shell, mura dahil package na with their labor IMO.
    thank you sir Ry_Tower. i will have my brother bring the MS sa shell for the undercoat.

kudos to tsikoteers! you've made me feel a lot better about my car. =)

MS 2010 paint rust: warranty cover - paint repair or unit replacement?