New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sirs, I just noticed that in the 2010 and up models keys holes where only present on the driver side door. Bakit kaya?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Sirs, I just noticed that in the 2010 and up models keys holes where only present on the driver side door. Bakit kaya?
    maybe since it is not as oftenly used as before? since most cars have remote keyless entry as standard. on our vios, it took five years before i used the key-hole at the passenger side and I realized that the CASA somehow forgot to link the keyhole mechanism to the locks at the time when they repaired and repainted our vios since it was involved in a minor accident. so twisting the key on the passenger side wont lock/unlock the door anymore.

I only use keys on areas where the remote is not functioning due to interference of frequencies. one is a pizza resto on our place where it is near a transmitting tower which make the remote of the vios useless. chambahan lang na maglock/unlock thru remote. since then, I have used the keyhole on drivers side to lock/unlock whenever I go to that area.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lots of cars have only a lock cylinder on the driver's side. BMW was one of the pioneers of this back in the 90s to deter, curbside thieves from picking the locks.

And the remote is now the main way of unlocking a car anyway.

Why they stared with two key cylinders is a mystery to me. They could have started with one ine the first place.

Montero Sport Key Hole