New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was told by the service advisor of Mitsubishi Carworld that all Montero Sport engines had underwent routine break-in from the factory. Thus routine break-in procedures (limiting speed to less than 80 kph, no excessive speeding, etc...) are not anymore needed. They mention I can drive the vehicle normally. Except of course I am still required to do the routine 1,000 km check-up. Is this true?

Also my alarm system on my Monty is very sensitive. Can the sensitivity be adjusted? I can't find any instructions from the manual. Carworld SA mentioned they don't know how to adjust it.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i were you id drive with care for the 1st 1000kms, dont listen too much to the sales agent, they know nothing. i would still recommend to observe the normal breakin process just to be sure....pag may nasira sa montero mo, dami naman palusot sila...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    * roydok You're most welcome to join the Montero Sport Club Philippines for your queries

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    * roydok You're most welcome to join the Montero Sport Club Philippines for your queries
    Thank you very much Sir. It would be a my pleasure to be a part of your club.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just registered with the club website. Approval pending.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Run it hard. Yun ang tamang break-in.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Agree.

100kph up dapat.

Si dbhollanda nga, 210kph kaagad eh. Nyahahaha.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ Agree.

100kph up dapat.

Si dbhollanda nga, 210kph kaagad eh. Nyahahaha.
    renzo talaga binanggit pa dito..ehehhe

mabibirit ko uli yun sa November na...sagad sagad ako sa business trip e...kaya sinamantala ko lang yung opportunity at para ma test ang capability ng unit..hehehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    I was told by the service advisor of Mitsubishi Carworld that all Montero Sport engines had underwent routine break-in from the factory. Thus routine break-in procedures (limiting speed to less than 80 kph, no excessive speeding, etc...) are not anymore needed. They mention I can drive the vehicle normally. Except of course I am still required to do the routine 1,000 km check-up. Is this true?
    Your vehicle comes with an operating manual, read it. The instructions for proper running-in are in there. You can drive up to 120 kph (check table in manual), do not maintain the same speed for long periods.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *roydok: Drive it normally while cold then with spirited sprints and highway stretch to know if there are defects etc. Welcome to MSCP sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Montero Sport Break-in and Alarm system problems