New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mitsubishi, Done

Mitsubishi will not return to the WRC with a new car. The manufacturer’s decision brings an end to one of the most successful stories the series has ever known, with Tommi Makinen clinching a still-unbroken record of four straight titles from 1996 to 1999.

Mitsubishi was part of the WRC when the series began in 1973, then unexpectedly withdrew at the end of 2005. The break was meant to be a sabbatical while parent DaimlerChrysler sorted out its finances, with a return slated for 2009. But now, company bosses have told the rally team that the withdrawal will be permanent. So far, there has been no official statement.

Since Mitsubishi pulled out of the WRC in a factory capacity, the British-based rally team has entered customer cars occasionally on a privateer basis. Officials from the team hope that some sort of rally activity can be salvaged and are negotiating with senior management in Tokyo.

Whats next Mitsu? Is it going to be F1? GT500? What what what?
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sayang talaga. pero i guess they're prioritizing their finances for now

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsu is betting on their new Lancer. If it doesnt sell as much, they will even pull out of North American shores.
    [rumor]

Personally, I'd like to help them meet their financial goal for 2009 :evillaugh
    Last edited by Karding; September 8th, 2007 at 10:03 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hirap na mitsu isteyts, ala na budget

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    hirap na mitsu isteyts, ala na budget
    medyo nakatulong naman pala ang new lancer. I hope that's enough to gain the investors trust.

Tokyo, August 28, 2007— Mitsubishi Motors Corporation today announced global production, as well as domestic sales and export figures for July 2007.

Exports to North America rose to 6,224 units, 23.1 percent up on the July 2006 level as orders for the New Lancer boosted sales.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is certainly bad news

Most of their line up are dependent on their racing stints like the WRC. What's next, the Paris-Dakar? Hopefully not because it is the soul of all Pajero-Montero variants.

I think that this move will definitely affect their vehicle sales worldwide in the coming years. Mitsubishi enthusiasts look forward to their racing stints, which plays an important role in their vehicle design technology.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I hope the down from DaimlerChryseler will help Mitsubishi realize and be more better.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    I hope the down from DaimlerChryseler will help Mitsubishi realize and be more better.
    Daimler Chrysler doesn't have a controlling stake at Mitsu anymore. It's up to the Japanese

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Why are they making 2,500 units of evo hatches d ba pang homologation un?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as somebody already said, they probably feel that they can't afford to do it any longer. i have trouble believing that they will pull out willingly - they get so many diehard fans out of WRC.

Mitsu is bleeding worldwide...it's actually a miracle that they still continue to do business and appear solvent given the heavy losses they have experienced for a long time now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mitsubishi's done with WRC (No Official Statement)