New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Considering na CBU sya I agree that the price is just right for the Lancer EX's quality. However kapag naririnig ko mitsu naaalala ko ung massive recalls noon late 90s/early 2000s.

The only reason why I'm requesting a lower end Lancer EX is that their older GLX 1.6L offering for the lancer seemed dated. May void that needs to be filled. Look at the Civic and Altis offerings they have lower/middle end models for the 1.8li crowd. If mitsu really wants to regain the respect they had during early 90s, this is the time to battle toyota and honda head on. Mazda already has upped the ante in 2004 and they are poised to do that again this 2010. San na pupulutin ang Mitsu? they only survived here bec of the sales of adventure and frankly low end fleet sedans.

Compact sedan and subcompacts will be the focus of the Phil and Global market in the next 3 yrs. I predict that the compact minivans and AUV will also grow faster than the SUVs and Full sized vans. If Mitsu wants to be at the forefront the Lancer Ex is their best bet for a HUGE comback. Then follow it up with a reintro of the Colt and perhaps re-release the L-3 as a minivan.

Kayo guys how do you think Mitsu should re-address the market with its products?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    Considering na CBU sya I agree that the price is just right for the Lancer EX's quality. However kapag naririnig ko mitsu naaalala ko ung massive recalls noon late 90s/early 2000s.

The only reason why I'm requesting a lower end Lancer EX is that their older GLX 1.6L offering for the lancer seemed dated. May void that needs to be filled. Look at the Civic and Altis offerings they have lower/middle end models for the 1.8li crowd. If mitsu really wants to regain the respect they had during early 90s, this is the time to battle toyota and honda head on. Mazda already has upped the ante in 2004 and they are poised to do that again this 2010. San na pupulutin ang Mitsu? they only survived here bec of the sales of adventure and frankly low end fleet sedans.

Compact sedan and subcompacts will be the focus of the Phil and Global market in the next 3 yrs. I predict that the compact minivans and AUV will also grow faster than the SUVs and Full sized vans. If Mitsu wants to be at the forefront the Lancer Ex is their best bet for a HUGE comback. Then follow it up with a reintro of the Colt and perhaps re-release the L-3 as a minivan.

Kayo guys how do you think Mitsu should re-address the market with its products?
    I love the idea!!! Mitsubishi definitely needs an offering for the subcompact market...the rest of the world can buy the Colt...why can't we?!? And yes sir, the L300 has long needed a renovation...afaik, the instrument cluster of the L300 FB is reeealy looks similar to dash of the box-type Lancer of the 80's...I would love to see a completely new DI-D L300 series to compete with (or even smash) the Urvan and the Hiace...

Introducing the new diesel engines for the Strada should have been a giant leap forward for Mitsu...they should have made this engine (or something similar to it) available to the Outlander BY ALL MEANS!!! Now wouldn't that be a real contender to the Fortuner market-wise? let's face it, D4D Fortuners outnumber VVTi's in the case of Toyota...

The first time I've heard of the Fuzion, I thought that it would be the true Innova-killer...now that I had to visit Mitsu's website to refresh my memory about that people-mover that should have gotten a big piece of the AUV market-share pie, I can safely say that Mitsu missed their targets in this sector...if they offered a bare-necessities Fuzion for something less than 800k, it would have been a serious choice for prospective AUV buyers...especially those peeking at the basic Innova like what my dad did last year...he got the Innova...shame Mitsu's got a much much better website than Toyota...

But for the meantime, I would say that the Lancer will definitely pull Mitsu up from its dark ages since the day the 276-hp Galant VR-4 V6 disappeared...hey, the Lancer EX in my opinion is by far the best compact sedan in the Philippine market in all respects...well, maybe except for fuel mileage! 1.6L EX anyone:D??? thank God someone introduced a car with the top-end model with a manual tranny...my Honda buddy's bitter over the fact that the EX beats the current Civic on paper across the charts...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    thank God someone introduced a car with the top-end model with a manual tranny...my Honda buddy's bitter over the fact that the EX beats the current Civic on paper across the charts...
    Ford already beat them to the punch. 2.0 Focus TDCi 6SP M/T anyone?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Ford already beat them to the punch. 2.0 Focus TDCi 6SP M/T anyone?
    Oh yeah! But in my opinion, the EX can eat the Focus alive in a pageant...that's for me!

But then again, the diesel Focus must still be king on the compact dragstrip out-of-the-box...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends. Haven't drag-launched a Civic yet, but reports from the US are that the Civic 1.8 MT is pretty fast, too. (but requires you to dump the clutch at a catastrophic 5000 rpm for best launches).

The Civic 2.0 MT was (since they don't sell the MT anymore), from what I recall of the TDCi test last year, faster off-the-line than the Focus TDCi. That engine is rated at 150, but is likely pushing out about 160 hp or so... it's bloody quick.

Yes, the Lancer is 100 times prettier than the Focus. But the Focus is twice as fuel-efficient... hahahaha... I'd take either one if someone would give it to me...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Guys the topic is about Mitsubishi as a company...

just so you not get too OT.

Agree ako don, The Strada and the Outlander are Giant leaps forward kaso it came in ALL too late. The SUV boom is already waning, and the focus nowadays is fuel efficient cars and SUVs and alternative sources of fuel. I believe there will be diesel engine offerings soon with the current variants of SUVs.

The Koreans are the to watch out for. I remember some few years back how people laughed at the idea of a Samsung PC and other consumer electronics they create now. Sony was at the top of its game back then. Where is Sony now? Samsung became the worlds #1 Consumer Electronics giant way past the any of the Japanese brands, not to mention #3 in world mobile market.

But that's another completely different market. However you can see how things are shaping up by taking a look at the moves of each company. Take Hyundai for example. They recently launched the 1.1Li engine i10. From the tests it had a best of 33++ Km/Li at 55-60km/h speeds in highway driving (idk about the city driving). The only thing missing in Hyundai nowadays is the build quality a department they really need to fully understand. The Koreans must learn this from the Japanese makers.

BTW Mitsu is still #4 in the Japan Market but look whose almost tie in the worldwide rankings. KIA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry

As if the 3 diamonds company has no problems domestically.... Here are the Koreans, just knocking at their heels.

It will be a competetive decade guys. Expect car prices to really be stable.

here, mali ang marketing strategy nila.. well, sa l200-strada medyo tumama sila...

sa fuzion, spacegear, l300, galant, grandis .. well ayaw nila ilabas locally mga new tech nila..

fuzion and spacegear still uses the antiquated non-mivec 4g64 and invecs4 convetional AT...sana diesel nalang!

sa grandis at galant---sana yung invecs3-CVT nalang nilagay nila than the conventional 4AT.

well, scrap the spacegear, sana ilabas nila dito ang delica D:5..since nilalabas naman nila dito ang outlander 2.4L cvt...2wd and 4wd models...

same as nissan (nissan ph, not umc) iniipit mga new technologies nila dito sa atin.

pero noon mid 90's ba ok offerings nila---particularly the galant GTI...ewan ba bakit di na nasundan, at nagconcentrate nalang ang local mitsu sa production ng L300 VV at adventure.

*rosa and canter sabi nila are padating daw from japan din.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    here, mali ang marketing strategy nila.. well, sa l200-strada medyo tumama sila...

sa fuzion, spacegear, l300, galant, grandis .. well ayaw nila ilabas locally mga new tech nila..

fuzion and spacegear still uses the antiquated non-mivec 4g64 and invecs4 convetional AT...sana diesel nalang!

sa grandis at galant---sana yung invecs3-CVT nalang nilagay nila than the conventional 4AT.

well, scrap the spacegear, sana ilabas nila dito ang delica D:5..since nilalabas naman nila dito ang outlander 2.4L cvt...2wd and 4wd models...

same as nissan (nissan ph, not umc) iniipit mga new technologies nila dito sa atin.

pero noon mid 90's ba ok offerings nila---particularly the galant GTI...ewan ba bakit di na nasundan, at nagconcentrate nalang ang local mitsu sa production ng L300 VV at adventure.

*rosa and canter sabi nila are padating daw from japan din.
    Ditto on the nissan observation. Ever wonder why the Altima 07 never hit Phil shores? Could have been a stiff competitor to the Camry.

Still Nissan's standing is better than Mitsu, they dont have that massive recall and defect coverup to hound them.

Still an applaud on the Lancer EX.. The car is absolutely to die for. But it will need some major convincing for the average middle class pinoy to buy one as a family car.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Yup, until now, just saw one unit of the Lancer here in SouthMM.... And just a couple of units of Fusion......

6505:Bath:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Yup, until now, just saw one unit of the Lancer here in SouthMM.... And just a couple of units of Fusion......

6505:Bath:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi... Is Still Ailing