New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Tanong ko lang mga bro, ano ba pinaka latest na production ng (What year?) Mit. SpaceWagon local di yung mga galing Japan etccc.. ? High maintance ba cya, ano madalas masira sa kanya? Im planning 2 buy kc (2nd hand). Tanong ko lang muna sanyo kung ang pros and cons nya bago ako decide bumili?? Thanks.. (",)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Latest production year would be the 1999 model. We used to own one before but i cant say much on the maintainance since i never got to really playing around with it with regard to mainatainance that time (my dad just sent it off to the Mitsu CASA)... i do think though that it should be relatively affordable given the Mitsu parts available in Banawe.

Just check the suspension though as this was a weak part in ours before... also the water pump and compressor/AC system.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is a Galant wearing a different body. So expect it to be similar to a Galant.

Suspension noises ata ang problem. Something that is not very difficult to fix.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    '97 Mitsubishi Space Wagon, green, automatic transmission, 57,000 kilometers odometer reading, A1 condition for PHP250,000.

Good buy or good bye?

Your comments are highly appreciated.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's quite good already but medyo duda na ako sa mileage... 57,000km/7 years = 8,000km++ per year. If someone we're selling a car with that mileage/condition it would be over 300k for a Space Wagon. Who's selling it? First owner? Buy and sell agent (take it with a grain of salt if they say they're selling it for their tito/bayaw/kumpare/etc...)?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    first owner. it is owned by an savp of a company. it is bahay-office lang ang laging route.

oo nga ano? ang baba ng mileage. thanks for the comments.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I am a proud owner of a SPACEGEAR Local 2003 model. I am very contented with the squeaking suspension, the body roll and the guzzling 7-10Km/L consumption. What is very difficult with my van is the parts. I have busted the rear clearance light and the garnish light also on the left side, I couldn't get a replacement OEM or otherwise. The part has not been in production for some time now. Can anyone point me to a store selling them? I already went to Banawe and Diamond Motors but couldn't get a replacement.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have owned a Dubai version, ex- ADB executive used 1994 Spacewagon M/T. Bought it P170k last 2005 with 70t kms in the odometer and sold it P150k last 2007.

Used it as daily commute to/ from office (almost 40kms 2-way) and on occassional out of town trips (Baguio, Vigan, Tagaytay, Batangas). I was very happy & contended with it's performance and mileage (8-9 km/ltr on city driving & 12-13 km/ltr on highway). Swak sa family ko yung set-up ng Spacewagon, kasi pwedeng gawing bed yung 2nd & 3rd row seat, comfortable yung leg space & all power na. (Kaya when I sold it, I bought Kia Carens, almost same yung dimensions nya.)

Isa lang ang problema ko sa Spacewagon: single aircon!! Ang tagal umabot ng lamig sa 3rd row seat.

Maintenance wise, I followed the usual 5t kms PMS interval and wala akong naging major problem except refurbishing the front suspension through Cruven Sucat.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Up ko lang eto.

Good buy pa ba bumili nito for family use given that i have a limited budget? Price range is 100k - 150k. Ano major issue nito? Hard to find parts? Makina? Accessories like hl, bl, etc? Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP425 View Post
    Up ko lang eto.

Good buy pa ba bumili nito for family use given that i have a limited budget? Price range is 100k - 150k. Ano major issue nito? Hard to find parts? Makina? Accessories like hl, bl, etc? Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    i used to own one. 1997 1.8 efi gas engine. no issues sa engine at mga parts. may mahahanap at mahahanap ka. naging major issue ko lang is idling which was resolved when i purchased a brand new servo. otherwise madami naman nag-o-offer na servo bypass if you have budget issues. one minor issue naman na naexperience ko is yung sa wiper motor. had to settle for a surplus part kasi ang mahal nga sa casa.

now, is it worth it for family use given your budget? i'd say yes. just stick to regular 5k pms ( or 10k pms kung fs oil ang gagamitin mo). and i suggest you buy na yung efi engine and not the carb one. apart from the issue i mentioned above, wala akong naging problem sa spacewagon ko. ayus sya for long trips. for city-driving, ok din naman but don't expect it to be fuel efficient as a mirage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mitsubishi SpaceWagon [Merged]